Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See titleblock info from multiple sheet .idw in Vault explorer.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
koen.tampere
272 Views, 1 Reply

See titleblock info from multiple sheet .idw in Vault explorer.

Hello,

is there a way to see the titleblock info of multiple sheet .idw's in vault explorer? I want to export the masterdata from all my .idw - files + sheets in one excel.

I'm using Vault basic 2013/Inventor 2013

Kind regards,

Koen

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mslosar
in reply to: koen.tampere

Not sure what vault offers outside inventor, my recollection is you can make fields from Inventor searchable/tagable inside vault.

Anyhow, the titleblock information is going to be all iproperties and/or prompted text.

It's not too hard to write code to run through a set of idw's and extract the iproperties you're after. If you have prompted text, it gets trickier if you use mutliple different titleblocks. From my experience prompted fields are numbered as you create them so you need to make sure the numbers are consistent from titleblock to titleblock in that case so the correct info is extracted every time.

I'd imagine you'll have to do this with code, too.

I think in vault you can have idw's display the iproperties you want in the explorer view. You may be able to have an export grab those fields, but i don't know that you can do that if prompted text is involved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report