Inventor General Discussion

Mentor
765 Posts
99 Kudos
Post 1 of 3

Sectioned View Rep & Drawing

253 Views, 2 Replies
05-31-2011 05:29 AM

I have a 3/4 sectioned view rep (Locked) in an assembly. On a drawing, When I select the correct view rep,

- I don't get the save view orientation ( though It show/hide the correct parts). I was expecting this because I had locked in 3D

- I don't get to see the 3/4 section

Any body else experience this?

Thanks

C1

C1
Inventor Professional 2015
Vault Professional 2015
Mentor
765 Posts
99 Kudos
Post 2 of 3

Re: Sectioned View Rep & Drawing

05-31-2011 08:14 AM in reply to: CAD-One

I think ability to create Design views, Section them & Lock them in the desired orientation is a great feature.

Too bad we cant utilize this in drawings.

I had to use Break out views alternatively.

C1

Autodesk Inventor 2011

C1
Inventor Professional 2015
Vault Professional 2015
7 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 3 of 3

Re: Sectioned View Rep & Drawing

03-05-2012 03:05 PM in reply to: CAD-One

I'm also looking for the ability to see an assembly section in a view placed on a drawing using view representations.

The best way I know right now is to literally create a cut in the assembly.  The problem is, I have different positions of some components involved.  I cannot use any view representations because the cust travels with the part orientation rather than letting the section cut through regardless of orientation.

In the drawing, I need a 3/4 view of a 1/4 section.  Can't get there from here using auxiliary views or sections in the drawing.

--rcc Dave
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!