Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vsookrah
368 Views, 2 Replies

Section Views

So I am trying to create section views that detail the correct assembly of two parts.

These parts are welded on top of each other so its important to have clear understanding of how they fit together.

So imagine a pipe bent in the shape of a circle, in the horizontal plane, then holes drilled into the top (vertically) and then another pipe fitting in the holes and being welded together. This is what is happening.

So I am trying to create a section view of one of the holes with the welding information.

When I go to create the section view, I draw a line that would pass through the center of the large horizontal circle (but doesnt) and the center of the hole I am trying to detail and through to the outside of the horizontal pipe.

Now with this line I should get a view of the assembly exactly perpendicular to the line from that point. This is what is called "Aligned" in Inventor and what I was taught as a "Section View". However, this is not the case at all. I get what is called a projected section view.

Can anyone help me find a way to get an "Aligned" view of this without sectioning the entire assembly. I just want the small bit necessary to show the relevant information.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: vsookrah

Attach your drawing and assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: vsookrah

When you draw your line that is coincident to the horizontal cutting plane only have the line go part of the way through.

Another option is you can crop the section view to only show what you want.

Also know that you can break the alignment as well by RCing on the view and selecting "Alignment>Break".

Short of this some images would be useful.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report