Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SECTION VIEW SAVED IN A DRAWING TEMPLATE??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dawnwp56
221 Views, 2 Replies

SECTION VIEW SAVED IN A DRAWING TEMPLATE??

I am creating a new drawing template with self populated information and I also want the views to be self populated too.

I have designed a model (ipt.) which is driven by a linked excel macros sheet (xlsm) and the excel document will be the only input required. The model will then be opened up and change accordingly, they will select a new drawing template (the one I am creating) select the model in question and the drawing will then be created with all my populated info and the views....however my section views keep disappearing as does any text relating to any of the views (even the base view).

Can anyone shed any light on this....how can I get around it as I need to show the section views, projected views do not show what is required.

Thanks,

Dawn

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jozef.dubaj
in reply to: dawnwp56

Hi Dawn,

would you attach your files so I may take a look?

Thanks,

Jozef

Message 3 of 3
t_pcoll
in reply to: dawnwp56

Hi Dawn,

looks to me Replace Model Reference is a better choice for what you need since Section views nor annotations can be saved in template...

Please try open the prepared IDW, change IPT using Replace Model Reference (Manage tab) and save as a different IDW.

Thanks

Ladislav

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report