Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sECTION vIEW (oops, dang caps lock)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
155 Views, 2 Replies

sECTION vIEW (oops, dang caps lock)

ok, I created a base view, cut a section through it and placed the section view. Went back and removed some parts from the base view (show contents-visibility off). The base view moves but the section line doesn't move with the view. What's up with that?? Is there a way to constrain the section lines to the view???
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

create a sketch in the view and constrain/dimension to projected entities then finish the sketch and RMB on the created sketch and create a section view from the created sketch dave "Gord Sivyer" wrote in message news:407fde4f$1_2@newsprd01... > ok, I created a base view, cut a section through it and placed the section > view. Went back and removed some parts from the base view (show > contents-visibility off). The base view moves but the section line doesn't > move with the view. What's up with that?? Is there a way to constrain the > section lines to the view??? > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

or just edit the sketch that is already created from the section view and constrain the line instead of creating a new section view -- K "David Radlin" wrote in message news:407ffbe7$1_3@newsprd01... > create a sketch in the view and constrain/dimension to projected entities > then finish the sketch and RMB on the created sketch and create a section > view from the created sketch > > dave > > "Gord Sivyer" wrote in message > news:407fde4f$1_2@newsprd01... > > ok, I created a base view, cut a section through it and placed the section > > view. Went back and removed some parts from the base view (show > > contents-visibility off). The base view moves but the section line > doesn't > > move with the view. What's up with that?? Is there a way to constrain > the > > section lines to the view??? > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report