Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section View Misaligned

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
zetha.arvay
553 Views, 3 Replies

Section View Misaligned

I'm using inventor pro 2014

I need some help... I am trying to make a section view of the part attached below  (part named Blarh)

The holes needs to be straddle centerline, but if i drag a section line on the centerline, the holes won't show in the section view.. i need to somehow create a section view that will show the holes.

In the part named LWN Flange i somehow succeeded to do this.. but when i tried to do the same thing to Blarh, it became misaligned. as shown in the attached file blarh.idw

Or any other ways i can do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rdyson
in reply to: zetha.arvay

Look closely at your LWN Flange:Capture4.JPG

I suggest one of the following:

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 4
dan_inv09
in reply to: rdyson

I would make it through one of the holes to the center then straight across from there, myself. (I like to have it show with and without a hole, if you know what I mean.)

or go with option 2, break the alignment, rotate it and re-align it.

(also, it's just the OCD talking but, it bothers me that the eight hole pattern does not straddle the centerlines - is there more to the part that requires them offset like that?)

I think if you were to edit the existing section line and constrain the center of the middle segment to the center of part it might line up. When you have more than two segments it kind of goes by the length of the line, or something - I don't know exactly how they did it but I have a use for it and struggled when you could only get a straight shot at one of the segments (there were some neat tricks you could do with sections back them though).

Message 4 of 4
dan_inv09
in reply to: dan_inv09

It won't insert my picture of how I do it ... I can attach it! The part I had on hand demonstrates some of the limitations, even better than it shows the benefits, of my way.

But I tried constraining the center of the line segment and it didn't work. It seems to be related, somehow, only to the first vertex (I wish I had more time to play with it).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report