Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section View issues

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
JohnHolder
1122 Views, 23 Replies

Section View issues

Hello all

when using section views, the non sectioned view keeps popping back ( white transparent ) every time I scroll over it, and it makes the section view unusable,  How do I change the properties on this?

Untitled1 is what I want, untitled2 is what happens when i put my mouse over it.  It is making my eyes twitch.

Thanks.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
JohnHolder
in reply to: JohnHolder

Ok more information.

It happens in an <assembly> but when I edit a <part> in an assembly, the section works properly.

This may not be a normal issue, I may be going about the workflow wrong.

I greatly appreciate the help! 

background -  I have a concrete structure, and there are aluminum plates.  I was trying to place steel beams to hold the aluminum plates up.

I had the assembly open, sectioned the assembly and tried placing the steel beams - which caused this issue ( should have explained what I was doing first )

Now in retrospect, I should have made a new part? for the steel beams to place them?

I have thick skin so you can say it was stupid 😎  - it is what the trials for.

There should be a toggle to turn off the behaviour though.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
Master Yoda.
Message 22 of 24
blair

can you post the IAM along with the IPT files?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 23 of 24
symdraft

Just checking it's not the easy solution.....have you toggled the enhanced pre highlighting yet?

App Options.JPG

Message 24 of 24
JohnHolder
in reply to: symdraft

THAT was the toggle. Thank you very much! I turned both off and now when I roll over, it doesn' happen.

Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report