Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section View depth

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
cdyck
3953 Views, 10 Replies

Section View depth

When I try to edit the section view depth my only choice is full. The depth is grayed. Is there a setting to turn on to allow this operation?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: cdyck

Are you selecing "Distance" from the first drop-down list? -- Andrew Faix Product Designer - Inventor Drawing Manager Autodesk "cdyck" wrote in message news:24823401.1107360414035.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > When I try to edit the section view depth my only choice is full. The > depth is grayed. Is there a setting to turn on to allow this operation?
Message 3 of 11
cdyck

When I pick the dropdown box that says "FULL" I am not offered any other choice.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

I can't think of any condition that would prevent you from doing this? Is this problem file-specific? Please try creating a new drawing and placing a base view of a different model, create a section view and see if the problem persists. If this is file-specific, please post or send me the dataset (model and drawing). andrew.faix@autodesk.com Thanks, -- Andrew Faix Product Designer - Inventor Drawing Manager Autodesk "cdyck" wrote in message news:28970542.1107372956343.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > When I pick the dropdown box that says "FULL" I am not offered any other > choice.
Message 5 of 11
cdyck

I checked to see if this problem is file specific or project specific. It is neither, it doesn't offer me the option for depth .
By the way I am using Inventor 9 Pro. but this project is not using the Pro icon, so I am assuming it is normal Inventor 9.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Well, you can send me the file and I can check it, but it seems that this problem is local to your machine. Again, there should be no condition that would prevent you from changing from a full section to a user-defined depth. -- Andrew Faix Product Designer - Inventor Drawing Manager Autodesk "cdyck" wrote in message news:4661559.1107447629610.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I checked to see if this problem is file specific or project specific. It >is neither, it doesn't offer me the option for depth . > By the way I am using Inventor 9 Pro. but this project is not using the > Pro icon, so I am assuming it is normal Inventor 9.
Message 7 of 11
Nakose1

right click on view, edit section properties.

Message 8 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: Nakose1

Hopefully the OP solved this problem 8 years ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
Nakose1
in reply to: JDMather

Hopefully, but I didn't see an answer so I posted.

Ivan E. Bear, Sr.
Contract Designer I
Matrix PDM Engineering
Phone: 918.624.6238
Message 10 of 11
eclark7UCSJ
in reply to: Nakose1

Spoiler alert from 8 years in the future of 8 years after the question, answers are useful to people other than the OP!  Thanks for the answer after my google search sent me to this thread.

Message 11 of 11
dan_inv09
in reply to: eclark7UCSJ

At least with a "Never mind" from the OP you get some indication that a solution is possible.

It is so annoying to find "This person had the exact same problem that I'm having!" only to have no solution in the thread.

(The only thing worse is to find a question from years ago with no real solution - and you're the one who asked it.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report