Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view centerline extension

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
azott
2101 Views, 8 Replies

Section view centerline extension

Dear all, 

So sorry my english,it's not my native language

We want to get section over the center line or center line extension when it comes to sectioning the centerline doesn't see the line?

how can i solve this problem.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: azott

@motaba1 wrote:

Dear all, 

So sorry my english,it's not my native language

We want to get section over the center line or center line extension when it comes to sectioning the centerline doesn't see the line?

how can i solve this problem.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but when you place your section view through the centerline, you can right click on the section line and uncheck "Show Entire Line".  The section line will then show only the end arrows and section designator name.

sect.PNG

Message 3 of 9
Cadmanto

Your English is actually pretty decent!!! Smiley Happy

On top of what Chris said, understand tha if you ahve to lengthen or shorten the section line you may have to toggle this back on.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 9
azott
in reply to: cbenner

Dear Chris,

Thank you for answers. i don't want this. If I were to tell you step by step

1- i have a drawing in which the centerline of.( angled Centerline as my first message)

2- i clicked to section.

3- i  want to section to centerline extensions and angle view.

Message 5 of 9
cbenner

@motaba1 wrote:

Dear Chris,

Thank you for answers. i don't want this. If I were to tell you step by step

1- i have a drawing in which the centerline of.( angled Centerline as my first message)

2- i clicked to section.

3- i  want to section to centerline extensions and angle view.

Try this:

Section tool, select the view.  For your first point hover over the midpoint of either end of the cylinder the drag the "rubber band" toward the centerline endpoint and pick as close to the extension as possible. I don't think you will be able to snap to the exact endpoint.  Then drag the section line toward the endpoint of the other centerline extension and pick the second point.  Place the view.

If your section line does not end up exactly how you want it, right click on it and select Edit.  It opens up as a sketch.  You can place dimansions and constraints on it just like any other sketch, until it looks exactly hopw you want it.

Message 6 of 9
rdyson
in reply to: cbenner

What Chris said, except I prefer to stay away from the snaps when placing the section line and then always edit the section line to create the snaps. That way I know for sure that I've got it right.

PDSU 2016
Message 7 of 9
azott
in reply to: rdyson

Dear all and Chris 

Thanks for all answers. I knew your replies but i asked if there was a simly way. i see there is no. it is so amazing. whereas the need to directly recognize to centerlineSmiley Frustrated

Thanks for all replies.

Message 8 of 9
Cadmanto

If what Chris outlined for you is not what you aere looking for then I suggest you place an idea in the Inventor IdeaStation

that does.  Then place a link to this thread in that idea along with a link to the idea here in this thread.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 9 of 9
jswistak

Hopefully this may help you in some way... using center lines to get section view is easy if the center line is horizontal or vertical yes?  But when the center line is at an angle the cursor does not like to snap or lock on to the center line. What I tried after reading your post was to turn the parent view the angle needed to make the center line a horizontal line or vertical- and it worked.  So rotate your parent view and then attempt the section view using the center line and the section view will still be at the correct orientation. 

Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report