Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section lines in IDW's

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kevinv123
97 Views, 3 Replies

Section lines in IDW's

Is there any way to copy section lines from one view to another? I produce designs where more than one elevation is required, but the section lines need to be duplicated in each elevation. I have tried to create a sketch in an ipt file which was then included in the assembly. The problem became apparent when I could not project this geometry to the IDW. It was visible but I could not use it to constrain the section lines to it. Thanks for your help.

Kevin Vallelunga
Macomb Engineering, Inc.
kevinv@ees.eesc.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: kevinv123

You should be able to project & constrain to any existing model edge so your section is always at the same location. Maybe I don't understand the problem? -- Dave Hoder Product Design Engineer idX Seattle www.idxcorporation.com "kevinv123" wrote in message news:14960803.1073512177379.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is there any way to copy section lines from one view to another? I produce designs where more than one elevation is required, but the section lines need to be duplicated in each elevation. I have tried to create a sketch in an ipt file which was then included in the assembly. The problem became apparent when I could not project this geometry to the IDW. It was visible but I could not use it to constrain the section lines to it. Thanks for your help. > > Kevin Vallelunga > Macomb Engineering, Inc. > kevinv@ees.eesc.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Copy-paste? -- ______________ Rui ruivaz@cadmais.pt www.cadmais.pt "kevinv123" wrote in message news:14960803.1073512177379.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is there any way to copy section lines from one view to another? I produce designs where more than one elevation is required, but the section lines need to be duplicated in each elevation. I have tried to create a sketch in an ipt file which was then included in the assembly. The problem became apparent when I could not project this geometry to the IDW. It was visible but I could not use it to constrain the section lines to it. Thanks for your help. > > Kevin Vallelunga > Macomb Engineering, Inc. > kevinv@ees.eesc.com
Message 4 of 4
kevinv123

projecting model edges works fine. I want to propagate the section lines from one view to another view or another view on a different sheet. I made a sketch in the iam file on a plane parallel to my elevation. I went to the browser in the idw and made the sketch visible. When I tried to project those lines to the idw it would not allow me to select the sketch lines from the iam.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report