Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Mentor
ccarreiras
Message 1 of 4 (267 Views)
Accepted Solution

Section line attached to a center hole (side view)

267 Views, 3 Replies
10-15-2013 06:39 AM

Hi!

The objective is to section a part, selecting a center of the hole (side view, not top view) to attach the section line.

In the hole's top view we can select the center hole to attach the section view, but in the side view, i can´t find any attach point, even if i have a center line.

I know we can edit the section line later and create some construction lines to center the section line with the hole, but i wonder, there's a better process, more automatic,  to achieve this?

Regards.
CarlosC

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2015
Windows 7 64Bit
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 4 (261 Views)

Re: Section line attached to a center hole (side view)

10-15-2013 06:47 AM in reply to: ccarreiras

Hello.

A section line behaves just like a sketch.  If you are unable in the side view to grab the exact center of the hole, place your section line and view anyway.  Go to the section line itself, right click and select Edit.  In the sketch editor you can "include geometry" on the hole center line, and then use a coincident constraint on your section line to that.  That will force it to the exact center of the hole in that view.

God luck!

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Distinguished Mentor
ccarreiras
Message 3 of 4 (252 Views)

10-15-2013 07:15 AM in reply to: cbenner

Hi!

Yes, It´s what i do now, but... i have to agree that isn't a very "HI-Tech" approach.

Regards.
CarlosC

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2015
Windows 7 64Bit
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 4 of 4 (231 Views)

10-15-2013 09:42 AM in reply to: ccarreiras

carloscarreiras8703 wrote:

Hi!

Yes, It´s what i do now, but... i have to agree that isn't a very "HI-Tech" approach.

Can't argue with that!

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.