Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section line attached to a center hole (side view)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
CCarreiras
1034 Views, 3 Replies

Section line attached to a center hole (side view)

Hi!

The objective is to section a part, selecting a center of the hole (side view, not top view) to attach the section line.

In the hole's top view we can select the center hole to attach the section view, but in the side view, i can´t find any attach point, even if i have a center line.

I know we can edit the section line later and create some construction lines to center the section line with the hole, but i wonder, there's a better process, more automatic,  to achieve this?

Regards.
CCarreiras
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hello.

A section line behaves just like a sketch.  If you are unable in the side view to grab the exact center of the hole, place your section line and view anyway.  Go to the section line itself, right click and select Edit.  In the sketch editor you can "include geometry" on the hole center line, and then use a coincident constraint on your section line to that.  That will force it to the exact center of the hole in that view.

God luck!

Message 3 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: cbenner

Hi!

Yes, It´s what i do now, but... i have to agree that isn't a very "HI-Tech" approach.

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: CCarreiras

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report