Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scribe / score lines again on 2011

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
alanambrose
1127 Views, 1 Reply

Scribe / score lines again on 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to get scribe/score lines as well as cut lines on acrylic sheet using a laser. My laser house usually imports dxfs into Rhino for the onward journey to the machine itself. The usual way to make this happen is to differentiate the scribe lines either by color or layer.

Now I just successfully used the create sketch feature on an idw drawing (which was mostly based on ellipse cuts) to add some scribe lines to a part. Rhino reads correctly either an exported dwg directly or a dxf with layers after the dwg has been imported & exported through Autocad Mech. (A direct dxf export from Inventor ignores the additional sketch.)

But ... when I create a similar part with circle cut outs and try the same thing, Rhino either balks on the dwg complaining about a AcDbProxyEntity or if I do the import dwg/export dfx thing through Autocad, neither Autocad (when re-imported) nor Rhino sees either the cut lines or the scribe lines on the dxf - it just loads as a blank drawing with layers.

Heigh ho.

No I believe I need to find the solution to only one of these problems 🙂

(a) how to I get the post process transform during dxf export from Inventor to include the extra sketch? This would be the best result.

(b) is there some way of eliminating the AcDbProxyEntity problem (maybe something to do with circle primitives) if I go the direct dwg or Autocad import/export route?

Attached the idw if anyone is interested 🙂

TIA,

Alan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alanambrose
in reply to: alanambrose

For anyone coming across this problem in future...

It is possible to add score/scribe lines, text etc on a sketch applied to the idw (as in Place Views / Create Sketch). The workflow is then to export to AutoCAD dwg (rather than Inventor dwg) with the score lines appearing on a different layer to the cut lines. The flow to Rhino etc works fine from there. So the AcDbProxyEntity problem appears to be something to do with Inventor dwg. Someone will hopefully figure out post-processing for the dxf sometime to accomplish the same thing.

Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums