Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scrambled text when printing to color printer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kpm7
179 Views, 3 Replies

scrambled text when printing to color printer

I am having a problem when I print to my color printer. If I print an IDW drawing to my black and White only laser printer the file prints fine. BUT if I print to my color laser printer, all the text gets scrmbled. The text is spread out all over the place. I know it worked at one time so I don't know if I messed up some setting or something.
Should I Try reloading Inventor? and if so what precautions should I take so I don't lose my project settings or anything else
Thanks Ken
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: kpm7

Look for a setting in the Printer properties to print text as graphics ... that should fix
it.

--
Kent
Assistant Moderator
Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"kpm7" wrote in message news:f159d15.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I am having a problem when I print to my color printer. If I print an IDW drawing to my
black and White only laser printer the file prints fine. BUT if I print to my color laser
printer, all the text gets scrmbled. The text is spread out all over the place. I know it
worked at one time so I don't know if I messed up some setting or something.
> Should I Try reloading Inventor? and if so what precautions should I take so I don't
lose my project settings or anything else
> Thanks Ken
Message 3 of 4
kpm7

Kent,

I need just a little more help. I went to my printers and selected my color Phaser 7700 printer, this is a color laser printer and I do not see anything like that under printer properties. I also opened an IDW file and went to print and accessed the printer settings. I did not see anything like that for the color printer settings.
Is there someplace else I should be looking?
Thanks for the help Ken
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Sounds like you are going to the right place. Some drivers don't have the setting. Is
the printer using a driver from the OS or from the manufacturer? You might try setting up
another printer using the driver from whichever it is you aren't using, and seeing if it
has the settings. Other than that I really don't have much more to offer. Maybe someone
else that has the same printer will see this.

--
Kent
Assistant Moderator
Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"kpm7" wrote in message news:f159d15.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Kent,
> I need just a little more help. I went to my printers and selected my color Phaser 7700
printer, this is a color laser printer and I do not see anything like that under printer
properties. I also opened an IDW file and went to print and accessed the printer settings.
I did not see anything like that for the color printer settings.
> Is there someplace else I should be looking?
> Thanks for the help Ken
>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report