Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Part and Assembly file in Lower Version

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
254 Views, 2 Replies

Saving Part and Assembly file in Lower Version

I would like to save my inventor Part and Assembly model file in a lower version. Like in our company we use both Inventor 2012 and 2010. Once the file is created in 2012 and when shared to 2010 users they are unable to open, is there any possiblities to open 2012 files 2010 like how we do in Autocad.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dick_upton
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry a,

If you do your work in 2012 and need to open it in 2010, then you have to create a neutral file of every single part, by exporting the assembly to SAT or STEP for example.

Then you have to import the neutral file as a Multiple part import using 2010.

If you have a design in 2010, you can open it in 2012, but it will migrate all the files into 2012 version, then you're stuck in 2012.

They are like oil and water, and no version will ever mix with another version.

I'm not convinced this isn't an insurmountable issue, but the solid modeling community has been cowed into accepting this forced upgrade paradigm by the modeling software producers cabal - not just Autodesk Inventor. Your head is too valuable for that brick wall.

Message 3 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Like in our company we use both Inventor 2012 and 2010

Big mistake #1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report