Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving/exporting in .iges format

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
414 Views, 5 Replies

saving/exporting in .iges format

My company bought a new Waterjet.  i have drawings in .ipt and .idw.  that I need to be in .iges.  I have saved/exported it in the .iges format but the program (LOGOTub)  that i need to load it in dosen't assept it.  The directions from LOGOTub state that the curves need to be defined to create the cutting path.  the surface needs to be defined. and the cutting path must be inserted in layer 1. define the section curve for the tube, with an arbitrary Z Value, and you have to insert the set of curves defining this single section on layer 2.

I would appreciate any help on this.  I have been looking at any and all forams that I can find inreferance to this.  I have been out of school for a year and have been trying to figure out most of the more advanced things ( the things they don't teach you in school by myself).

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forum.

Have you checked with the LOGOtub software to see what file formats are acceptable?

When I look at this link to the LOGOtub website, it seems like it only deals with model files and not drawing files.  It does mention IGES like you specified, but what I am wondering is what version of Inventor are you running and is it compatible with this version of LOGOtub.

Not sure if this helps you, but it is something to research and think about.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thank you For the help I will Check On what you sejested and will let you know what I find out.  I am using Inventor 2012 pro.

Message 4 of 6
blair

If it's a 2D pattern, the software for the machine should allow for more than IGES. If you have a bevel function on the Water-Jet head, you may only be able to use the 3D IPT file and export it as IGES. The IDW drawing won't help as it's only a 2D flat pattern.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr

You should be contacting the waterjet company/logotub about training or specific questions. 

They can answer it better than anyone here unless they already have that specific machine/software.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

thank you for the help full hint.  The trainer from the company that creater the program (LOGO Tub) is the one that kept on telling me that I wasent creating the file corectly for it to be importeds in.  In the end found out what the issue was.  The programing of LOGO TUB WILL NOT assept Autocad Inventer Drawings newer it dosent even asscept Solid works.  They are getting a different program that should work...Find out in 2 weeks...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report