Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ASchlaack
266 Views, 4 Replies

Saving Error

I made a new .iam, threw in a bunch of iParts, constrained a few of them and just went to save and I got this error. This error also stops it from saving so I'm not able to save it at all.

2014-07-31_1401.png

I'm not sure if this may be linked to it but when I opened the vault tab on the tree one part was red... And no I'm not saving this to Vault or using any componates from Vault, all files are stored on my local drive for this.

2014-07-31_1420.png

All parts that are added to this .iam have all been saved and closed. This is the only I currently have open.

Does anyone have a solution to this or atleast have a clue what's causing it?

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Dell Windows 8.1 64 bit Intel(R) Xeon(R) @ 3.50GHz 32GB Ram
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: ASchlaack

did you delete or rename something while the IAM was open and they were in it?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
ASchlaack
in reply to: mdavis22569

I renamed the file name in the .iam's model tree, which I've never seen mess with anything besides iAssembolies and rules...

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Message 4 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: ASchlaack

It's referenced, so I'm betting that's the issue ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
ASchlaack
in reply to: mdavis22569

I did just now delete the parts that were turned red in the Vault tree and added them back in, constrained, and then renamed them... It's now letting me save no problem and the parts were only red in the Vault tree untill I saved.

I haven't got a clue what caused it because it seems like just deleting then readding them it fixed the issue... I think this may just have been one of those random glitches but I truly don't know. You may be right and it did have something to do with references and I just did something in just the right order to screw it up. Either which way, thank you for your advice Michael.

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
Autodesk Inventor 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report