Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved to Microsoft OneDrive ==)> Lock Errors and error 1920

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
RobHarker
1532 Views, 6 Replies

Saved to Microsoft OneDrive ==)> Lock Errors and error 1920

MS 8.1 running on a samsung ultrabook 5.

I was opening a large assembly stored in the OneDrive microsoft cloud which I have a TB allocation.  When it came to saving the file (to IV2015) I was able to save ~ 1/2 the files then this happened.

Here's some of the error reports:

Error creating the lock file C:\Users\Robert\OneDrive\3D Lapidary Scanner\lockfile.lck. Error code 1920
     Error creating the lock file C:\Users\Robert\OneDrive\3D Lapidary Scanner\lockfile.lck. Error code 1920
       The database in C:\Users\Robert\OneDrive\3D Lapidary Scanner\pifhose.1178134189171.ipt could not be saved
               The database in C:\Users\Robert\OneDrive\3D Lapidary Scanner\pifhose.1178134185296.ipt could not be saved
                       The database in C:\Users\Robert\OneDrive\3D Lapidary Scanner\pifhose.1178134182468.ipt could not be saved
                           Error creating the lock file C:\Users\Robert\OneDrive\3D Lapidary Scanner\lockfile.lck. Error code 1920 .......... alot more.

Autodesk ... there seems to be a communication issue with the Microsoft OneDrive and I suggest you help us find the solution since Microsoft is such a big player.

Thank You

Rob Harker

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RobHarker
in reply to: RobHarker

I'll give you as much help as I am able.

• Computer is on a fresh install Windows 8.1 all patched up.
  • Windows defender is loaded.
  • Internet is a solid 50MB/s.
  • Many applications on the workstation.
  • Most Apps closed down or hibernating.
  • Inventor seems to work fine untill save time to the MS OneDrive cloud storage (and Autodesk also uses a cloud with 360)
  • See Error 1920 screenshot.

What happend to the "pack n go" utility for Windows 8.1?  Nevermind it just wasn't available in certain operations.

Message 3 of 7
DannyHubbard

Rob,

I tried this abit myself, I had no problems with saving my files to the Onedrive. I did run into a similar error to you when opening an assembly from the Onedrive, but that was because the OneDrive was still Syncing and had the files in use as it was copying them local.

Are you seeing these errors with multiple different assemblies or just this one so far?

Do you know if a Sync is in process when you are trying to save the files?

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 7
RobHarker
in reply to: DannyHubbard

The files were not on the OneDrive very long that is true, so that may be the issue is they weren't synced.  I'll delete what I assume is a corrupt folder full of files on the onedrive and replace them with the originals ...  WAIT ... then try the same assembly again. 

2nd issue cropped up today.

Making a simple cone from 2 concentric circles which I've done tons of times before and I get this message:IV2015_Error_Message-SystemNullReferenceException

The ipt's and iam' won't populate in the browser and ther is no scroll on the browser.

In the meantime I'll open some older simple files and try closing some apps and see if it behaves for me.

Thank You Kindly;)

Rob

Message 5 of 7
RobHarker

I'm able to open this local file:GPS-Project-Cell-Tower.jpg

IV2015 seemed to run fine with this file ... nope SystemNullReferenceException in the above referenced error box when I try to return from a circle extrusion operation, closing a file, returning from a drawing went OK.  I don't want to save it again, I.m afraid that I'll corrupt it locally ... Not saving this.

Message 6 of 7
ChrisMitchell01

Rob,

In relation that that error message please see this topic. That's unrelated to OneDrive usage.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
nojklop

Hi! 

I had the very same issue - it happens when onedrive sync file "lockfile.lck" although it is not there in "offline" mode. Just remove lockfile and error 1920 won't show again.

Regards,

Nikodem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report