Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save as - Drawing to PDF and JPG

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Henrik_Lo
524 Views, 3 Replies

Save as - Drawing to PDF and JPG

Hi

I need to convert a idw drawing to PDF and JPG, when save to PDF there are no problems

but when I do it for JPG it seem to be a screen dump and not similar to the PDF I only need the drawing exact as the PDF. Is there a way for this.

Regard

Henrik

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: Henrik_Lo

I use PDFCreator as my pdf-printer (previously found Inventor's own pdf-creation tools less than fantastic so have just stuck with a pdf-printer) - it has the ability to "print" to an image format as well as pdf, so it will create a jpg exactly the same as the pdf printout.  Might be worth giving it a try?

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 4
Henrik_Lo
in reply to: sam_m

HI, I thanks for replaying, hopefully AutoDESK are correcting this feature in the future

Regards

Henrik

Message 4 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: Henrik_Lo

dumb question - why do you mark your own answer as the solution?  it's not, so why do it?  (kinda seems like a bug/exploit in the forum software if you're able to mark your own answer as a solution)

whether it's right of wrong the jpg/image output has always been a snapshot of the screen and not linked to the print-result.  It includes the background colour plus the sheet-colour in idw environment and the xyz triad in modelling environment.  Can just use an image-editing tool to crop the desired portion of the image if it's unsuitable.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report