Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save and open Inventor templates from A360 Drive

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jefferyjensen
419 Views, 5 Replies

save and open Inventor templates from A360 Drive

Hello Inventor Users,

How do I save an Inventor parts template to A360 Drive? Then, how do I create a new part from that template?

Background:

1. my templates are found at the default location, C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Templates

2. I want to change the initial view extents in the template (Tools > Document Settings > Modeling > Initial View Extents) from width of 4" and height of 2" to something like 10"x5"

3. I then want to save this customization to A360 Drive, so no matter which computer I'm using on campus, I always have my custom template available (assuming I've logged into A360 Drive of course).

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-652B8040-0872-4B1C-822F-33400D9052B1

thanks,

Jeff Jensen

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Autodesk 360 and Inventor link gives a good overview of A360 Drive and Inventor but doesn't address the question using templates saved in A360 drive. Any ideas?

thanks,

Jeff Jensen

Message 3 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: jefferyjensen

I don't see any mention of your Project file *.ipj

What is the path for the Templates in your project file?

A360 Drive.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

Let me know if you find out differently - but it looks like you might have to first click Open and Autodesk 360 to map that drive.

Then you can do New....

Map Drive.png

I experimented a bit more -

A360 Project.PNG

Map Templates.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 6
jefferyjensen
in reply to: JDMather

Hello JDMather,

Thank you for looking into this.

Yes, I wanted to use the A360 Drive cache folder location for my project folder location also but was told by A360 Drive folks that this is not supported. I didn't go any further with it.

My thought is A360 Drive is just like Googie Drive and Microsoft OneDrive, a place to save files on the Internet. Yes, there is limited functionality to open and save directly from Inventor to A360 Drive, but that is it. Can't do this within Revit or Civil 3D, appears just Inventor.

I waste so much time with Autodesk, if they would just post the shortcomings instead of this software development model to  'release and discover' the our limitations with our applications.

Thanks again JDMather,

Jeff

Message 6 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: jefferyjensen

I thought I had it all working for me - I'll run through all of this again this weekend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report