Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAT export to version 5.0

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Blofeld
490 Views, 4 Replies

SAT export to version 5.0

Inventor 2013 will only export to version 7.0 of SAT. Is there an way to export to version 5.0, or convert a 7.0 SAT to a 5.0 SAT?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Blofeld

You might see if the free Spatial - Hoops ACIS viewer is still available for download.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi Blofeld,

You observation is right, for Inventor 2013 we only support exporting version 7.0.

JD's suggestion is right, the workaround is to use app "HOOPS 3D Part Viewer for ACIS" which can convert SAT files to lower version.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Quality Assurance Team

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 4 of 5
cameronphi

Autodesk doesn't seem to care about customers that need to use Sat version's less than 7.  I use it for sending sheetmetal parts to 3d unfolding software which is linked to CNC press brakes and 90% of the reason that I use inventor.  The press software only uses version 5 as I have found CAM software does not upgrade quite as fast as Inventor.

Sure enough things become redundant as time passes on but I cannot understand why they cannot put back the option of saving parts into lower version of Sat. If Autodesk is still happy to tie itselft to Windows XP, then they shouldn't be worried about giving the users a choice in which format they save their SAT files in for CAM users.

Give me a break and put it back in.

I wonder if Solid Works lets me save in lower formats?

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: cameronphi

@cameron wrote:

I wonder if Solid Works lets me save in lower formats?

Dassult Systemes owns SolidWorks and owns Spatial (which owns ACIS).

Is there a reason you can't use the Hoops ACIS Viewer to save down to ealier release?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report