Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sat export problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
revitworkbench
480 Views, 3 Replies

sat export problem

Ok, so I am trying to export a family as a SAT file from revit and importing into inventor. It has several void forms and several extrusions. The problem is that only one small extrusion is coming into inventor. Does anyone know why this might be happening? I tried exporting it as a DWG and opening it in AutoCad without a problem, tried exporting it from there as a SAT but same problem in inventor. I am attaching the file here if anyone thinks they can fix it or just fiddle with it. Thanks in advance for any help!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: revitworkbench

@michaelmead wrote:
I tried exporting it as a DWG and opening it in AutoCad without a problem,.... I am attaching the file here....

Is it solid bodies?  What does the List command report in AutoCAD?

Why are you trying to export as SAT from AutoCAD?  Inventor will Import dwg files directly.

I do not see any attachments.

Right click on the filename and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the resulting *.zip file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
revitworkbench
in reply to: JDMather

Technically I dont know what "solid bodies" means in the DWG universe. I tried the "send to 3Dprint service feature where it told me to select solid bodies (if I remember correctly) but even though I clicked on it and hit enter nothing happened so im guessing its not a "solid body" but it is a full 3D model visually, I dont know how to convert it though. Huh, I couldve sworn I attached that file, but I dont see it either, Ill upload it once I get to my other computer tonight....Ive tried opening DWGs in inventor like this but they dont seem to be editable. (unless Im missing something) thats why Im shooting for SATs becuase they edit like a dream!
Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: revitworkbench

Run List on the geometry in AutoCAD.

Hit F2

Attach screen shot of image.

Better yet - right click on your dwg file

select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the resulting *.zip file here.

SAT solid geometry is no different than any other solid geometry (as far as your problem description is concerned).

The 3D Print creates an stl file (planar faceted surface model).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report