Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Print to PDF in any application causes an Inventor installer to run

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
harry.parfitt
670 Views, 7 Replies

Running Print to PDF in any application causes an Inventor installer to run

We have installed Inventor and AtuoCad Mechanical 2015 on a couple of test machines and it has been noticed that when running any other application on the workstation, selecting to Print to PDF using PDF Creator causes either an Inventor or AutoCAD installer dialogue to start. For the average user, this causes a problem, because they do not have access to the installation media nor do they have rights to carry out the install.

Our reseller has told us that the solution is to grant each user local admin rights so that they can carry out this install, however, when we roll this out to a couple of hundred workstations, this is not really feasible.

Has anyone else experienced this?

What is the interaction between Inventor and AutoCAD 2015 and PDF Creator that causes this and is there a way to stop it happening?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

We are investigating currently this problem. I will contact you on your e-mail for more details.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 8

We have installed Autocad 2015, Inventor 2015 and PDF Creator on our machines.

Similar Problem here, printing to PDF in any application starts Inventor Installer dialogue...

Message 4 of 8
nesladek
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

Dear Daniela,
I've a same problem as brian.crabtree. Could you help me please with this problem? Unfortunately isn't some resolving in this topic. Thank you very much.

Ondrej 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: nesladek

I have seen this before, don't remember which application it was. I would try repairing or uninstall & reinstall on the application that is causing Inventor installation to run.
Message 6 of 8
Daniela_Koloszko
in reply to: Anonymous

I have sent separately to Ondrej a file which should register his Inventor installation and hopefully will solve the issue for him.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 7 of 8

I applied a fix to this original issue, but it seems to now invoke a Navisworks installer whenever PDF Creator is launched in another application.

Message 8 of 8
bbrannum
in reply to: harry.parfitt

We are running into the same issue when Pringting PDF out of Caita.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report