Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run drawing resources transfer wizard with Inventor's task scheduler

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
bsee1
973 Views, 11 Replies

Run drawing resources transfer wizard with Inventor's task scheduler

I'd like to be able to queue up a set of processes using Inventor's task scheduler.  Ideally I'd be able to queue it, leave, and have it done in the morning.

The process is this:

1.  Check Inventor dwg files out from vault

2.  migrate files to 2013

3.  Run drawing resource transfer wizard

4.  Check files back in

5.  Export all files to AutoCAD dwg format

How can I queue step 3 to run through task scheduler?  DRTW is not an option in the task scheduler. I'll be giving it the same settings to use every time.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: bsee1

yes that looks like ot is going to be a challenge.

it may well be that the drtw has too many selection criteria to run automatically. i think it will need some coding relating to this. i would be surprised if one of our friends in the customisation area has not sorted it.

if so then we may be able to run a custom task (out of the task scheduler) by which we could then call up a program to sequence into that task.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 12
bsee1

This was escalated about 2 weeks ago.  Is anyone from Autodesk still looking at it?  

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 4 of 12
ampster401

escalated where?

Thru here?

Do not exect that an Autodesk employee will read this forum, they are not obligated to.

Message 5 of 12
bsee1
in reply to: ampster401

Yes it was escalated through here.  I'm assuming it's tied to ADN membership.  According to the email Autodesk sent me, they escalated it on their own, on Sunday March 10th.  I see a little red arrow icon on the post which indicates it has been elevated. 

I still have 1000+ drawings to run DRTW on.  Since I cannot tell DRTW to run on files in multiple folders, I was hoping I could queue the process.  If I cannot queue it and I cannot select files in multiple folders, then I'll have to run the program about 50 times, with each run taking about 15-20 minutes.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 6 of 12
ampster401

@bsee1 wrote:

Yes it was escalated through here.  I'm assuming it's tied to ADN membership. 

This forum isn't part of any support you are receiving thru Autodesk.

Message 7 of 12
bsee1

http://usa.autodesk.com/support-offerings/basic/

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 8 of 12
ampster401

They gave you "forums.autodesk.com" as the address for basic support?

These forums are provided by Autodesk for end users to communicate to each other, not for contacting Autodesk.

While you may see an Autodesk employee responding to various posts, I'm not aware they are watching these forums as indicated by your link which includes

"Forum posts are automatically escalated to the Autodesk product support team if the community does not respond to the question within 24 hours."

If that's the case, they have a considible amount of back log work to get to.

And this line;

"Autodesk Basic Support is a benefit of Subscription."

These forums are open to everybody, not just those on Subsciption.

I suspect there's some other place they are referring to, not here.

Message 9 of 12
bsee1

You're missing my point. I have Subscription.  For Subscription customers, Autodesk will review/respond to unanswered cases if there is no answer within 24 hours.  In my specific case, this question has been elevated.  I am hoping someone from Autodesk will take a look at it.

Typically when I'm looking for Autodesk help I would post somewhere else.  My hope was that this would be a simple fix.  It is not a simple fix, therefore I had the problem escalated.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 10 of 12
ampster401

We are missing each others point then.

In your 2nd reply to this thread, you asked if anybody from Autodesk still looking at it...

This isn't the place to ask if Autodesk is doing something with your issue, or paying attention to it, etc.

Regardless if you have Subscription or not, anybody can come here to ask questions.  They are usually answered by other end users such as yourself and I.

Every now and then an Autodesk employee makes themselves known and occasionally replies to posts here.

But they are not required to, nor am I aware that anybody from Autodesk actually sits and monitors each and every post here.

You may have gotten lucky and someone from Adesk noticed your post.

I'm just trying to say, don't hold your breath for a reply here.

Message 11 of 12
Ray_Feiler

I got this today. It makes me wonder.

Subscription Update

Dear Autodesk Subscription Customer,

Commencing March 28, 2013, Advanced Support will be included with Autodesk Subscription for Ultimate editions of Design & Creation Suites.1 Customers who have an Ultimate Suite with an active Subscription that includes Basic Support, as of March 28, will be upgraded to Subscription with Advanced Support, effective April 1, 2013.

Phone support and more With Advanced Support, you gain access to an extended range of support benefits, including:

Telephone support (24 hours a day, 5 days a week)

Faster response times Remote desktop assistance

Exclusive training webcasts

Help with API issues

A one-click escalation option in the Autodesk Forums

Plus all Basic Support benefits, such as web support and online case management

To learn more about the benefits of Advanced Support, view the customer guide.

How to access phone support To access phone support, Contract Managers will need to designate phone support users in Subscription Center. You’ll also need your Express Service ID and local Autodesk support telephone number. Please review these step-by-step instructions.

Please Note You will receive Advanced Support for the duration of your Subscription term(s) at no additional cost – regardless of whether you have purchased a one-year or multi-year Subscription term(s). You will not experience a price increase until you choose to renew your Subscription.

If you have any questions, please contact your Autodesk Authorized reseller or your Autodesk sales representative.

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 12 of 12
ampster401
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

looks like they have included these forums now...but I just have to wonder going by the infrequent posting by Autodesk employees, is it a good idea to provide/allow/recommend communication thru these forums to resolve paid-for support?

just saying...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report