Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule to Control the Visibility of Work Features in Inventor Pro 2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CJ.10E-10mm
682 Views, 5 Replies

Rule to Control the Visibility of Work Features in Inventor Pro 2014

Is there a way to write a set of rules so that I can switch Work Features On and Off via a Text Parameter.

I have an assembly made up of a number of parts used hundreds of times within in various sub-assemblies. If I make a particular sub-assembly 'Invisible' then subsequently 'Visible,' all work features that had previously been set to be 'Invisible' are switched to 'Visible' also.

Likewise if I simple want to set a particular Work Features' Visibility in one particular sub-assembly, I would like to be able to do this via a Text Parameter rather than having to laboriously scroll down the Assembly switching the visibility of features on and off.

At the moment if I turn the visibility of say a Work Plane On in a sub-assembly then all sub-assemblies deploying the same part switch the visibility of that Work Plane on too. Hence I cannot see my work for Work Planes.

Obviously the Global Switch under View is of no avail,

So I would like to be able to create a Text Parameter for each sub assembly and in turn each Work Feature with a Yes/No Visibility switch controlled via a set of Rules in iLogic.

Can anyone kindly help please?

Thank you so much.

CJ

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pcrawley
in reply to: CJ.10E-10mm

Try this: http://inventortrenches.blogspot.co.nz/2013/03/turn-onoff-all-workfeatures-with-ilogic.html

Should be easier than finding a parameter to toggle - or just adapt the code to suit.

Peter
Message 3 of 6
CJ.10E-10mm
in reply to: pcrawley

Hi Pcrawley,

Thanks for that but of course it is a blanket on/off and I need to be selective.

Message 4 of 6
pcrawley
in reply to: CJ.10E-10mm

Indeed it is.  Hence the "adapt to suit" comment.  I just offered it as a starting point rather than a complete solution.

Peter
Message 5 of 6
CJ.10E-10mm

Hi Pcrawley,

Yes but sadly I don’t have the skills to modify so extensively.

Thank you for your kind suggestion anyway.

Message 6 of 6
stephengibson76

I know this is an old post but...  The code works great for part work features, how do I make it include assembly and sub assembly work features?

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report