Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rows in iLogic Form Builder Not Working Properly

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
FiniteMatt
1747 Views, 9 Replies

Rows in iLogic Form Builder Not Working Properly

When I put a row deep enough in a form, i.e. under several groups, tab groups, or other rows, the rows stop working properly. Is there a workaround or a fix on this?

Inventor 2013 SP 1.1

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
FiniteMatt
in reply to: FiniteMatt

After playing around with it some more, I also discoverd that blank spaces don't function properly in that row either.

Inventor 2013 SP 1.1

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Message 3 of 10
mrattray

Actually the problem is that row won't sort anything other than groups into a row. Try making a form with just a row and put a couple parameters in it. You'll see the same behavior.

Empty spaces never work as you would expect.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 10
FiniteMatt
in reply to: mrattray

But rows do work for other things. I used them extensively on the last form I created. I just never needed to have this tall of a hierarchy.

Inventor 2013 SP 1.1

Message 5 of 10
mrattray

Actually, now that I'm playing around with it it's actually working for me. Perhaps they fixed them in one of the updates? What version are you on?

Capture.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 10
FiniteMatt

Now try putting Group 1 into a tab group. I found that I can duplicate what you did, but as soon as I put it in a tab group it breaks.

I'm on 2013 17.1.17600

Inventor 2013 SP 1.1

Message 7 of 10
mrattray

Works for me.

Capture.JPG

Does that include the latest Update 1 for SP 1.1?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 8 of 10
FiniteMatt

Ok, did some more poking around, and it seems to be linked to the form Visual Style. I was able to recreate your example form after making a new form. But as soon as I applied DevExpress it broke again.

Yeah, I checked again and Windows says SP1.1 is installed.

Inventor 2013 SP 1.1

Message 9 of 10
mrattray

I have the same behavior here with the Dev Express style. I also found why I was under the impression that they never work right earlier, it also exhibits the problem behavior when using my favorite form style iMaginary.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 10
FiniteMatt

It seems that all of the styles that, I assume, are associated directly with Windows (Default, XP, Office, Flat, etc), basically the top half of the choices list behave correctly. The other ones that seem to be bundled with Inventor don't work right.

Inventor 2013 SP 1.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report