Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing Cable (multiple segment paths) cable and harness

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
travward
1408 Views, 3 Replies

Routing Cable (multiple segment paths) cable and harness

I am working on a harness with multiple conductor cables. I have my segments laid out, as well as all of the point to points of these cable wires. I am about to route the wires, but I find out that the wires of the cables all route simultaneously through the same "first and last" segments. What happens if I need to route the wires to different locations of a cabinet each with a unique path?

I have a shielded cable that comes into a cabinet, each wire goes to multiple locations in the cabinet. Is there a way to route the cable wires individually apposed to as a cable?

Thanks,

Travis

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: travward

A picture might help but sounds like you just need to adjust the options for "route".. like maybe do the "single segment (manual) " option..

The cable/harness environment leaves A LOT to be desired.. It could just be a "limitation"..

When I do single wires (like a single wire with terminals on each end) or similar I don't use segments at all. Never tried a multiconductor wire split out into singles/run somewhere else though as EVERYTHING we do is single point-point wiring. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
travward
in reply to: mcgyvr

routing options are limited, I just want to be able to select different segments paths for the wire (of a cable) individually. The wires go to different places in the assembly.

Message 4 of 4
travward
in reply to: travward

I've come to the conclusion that there is no solution for this problem. This must be a limitation. I deleted the cables and put in discrete wire that I turned into cables on the drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report