Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routed Systems "Make Adaptive" has me in a pickle

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
howardlee306
414 Views, 7 Replies

Routed Systems "Make Adaptive" has me in a pickle

I need some help and I need it fast guys. I have a very limited amount of time to figure this out. I have my model done, with routed systems in place, and just need to tweak a couple things. All was going well until I accidently turned off adaptivity on the routed systems top level (the graphics card glitched and I thought I was clicking something else). It gave me some error and I hit cancel because I did not want to do it in the first place. It still removed the adaptivity. So I hit undo and nothing happened. So I right clicked on it and selected make adaptive. It came up with a box with a bunch of lines in red and the ok button grayed out so I cannot continue. I have no idea what this box is asking me to do and I cannot change or edit the runs without them being adaptive. The customer needs his drawings in the next two days and I am starting to panic here.

I've restarted inventor to no effect.

I attached a screen shot for reference.

Any thoughts???

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
lesmfunk
in reply to: howardlee306

Hopefully you didn't do too much since your last save. I would just find the location of the last versions of 403349-GA or Tube and Pipe Runs.iam. These can be found in either the Vault, or in the OldVersions folder. Restoring one or the other file (can't remember which) will bring back the adaptivity. You will lose all work since your last save or check in.

NOTE: Always check the dates and times of the older versions to ensure they are the correct ones especially if you don't have Vault and you are only saving the most recent OldVersion file. You do not want to overwrite it.

I think the make adaptive feature will make a copy of your entire T&P runs which isn't so bad either. Just a lot more work trying the rename all your parts and re-attach constraints.

Edit: You might want to make copies of your current and old versions before you start playing around with them.

Message 3 of 8
salariua

lesmfunk is correct. Search for old versions on disk or on vault. Maybe system restore or previous versions for files and folders if setup by IT (especially since its' on a mapped network drive).

If not place the T&P assembly again and turn adaptive (will create a copy) and you will be fine as mentioned above. First remove the original one form the assembly.

Uhhh.... and yes, always do these operations on copies.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 4 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: salariua

I can only agree with my esteemed collegues on this one.  Sometimes the only thing that can really help is a TARDIS that could take you back in time 5 minutes, and make these things... unhappen.  Sigh.  Good luck!

Message 5 of 8
howardlee306

Thanks Everyone. I tried the old version but I must have saved or something because it was unadaptive as well. I ended up pulling from our most rescent back up so I only lost a few hours of work, and I was lucky we had one that rescent. It at least minimized the damage. I guess the lesson I learned was:

"FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY-NEVER, EVER TURN OFF ADAPTIVITY OF A ROUTED SYSTEM."

I'm sure that lesson will be applicable in other situations in life as well.

I'm not entirely sure why that's even an option if it means you just nuked your model, but hey, everyone enjoys a challange now and then.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr

@raymondlee306 wrote:

I'm not entirely sure why that's even an option if it means you just nuked your model, but hey, everyone enjoys a challange now and then.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Mostly to allow you to copy harnesses from one assy to another. 

You can turn it back on though and it should regain its adaptivity.. I seem to remember the trick is to turn it back on via the spot in the iproperties and not via the adaptivity on the right click menu. Could be wrong with that but I know its possible to easily turn it back on. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 8
lesmfunk
in reply to: mcgyvr

I was able to replicate raymondlee306's issue on a simple dummy T&P assembly and it appears that mcgyver has the better solution by turning it back on in the iproperties.

Actually you can turn the adaptivity on or off at will unless you save and close the file. Then you get the result as raymondlee306's original post. But you can still go into iproperties and turn it back on. Who would have known?

Thanks. I hope you can deselect my workaround as the solution. My workaround might come in handy in other situations such as frozen T&P styles.

Message 8 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: lesmfunk

@lesmfunk wrote:

Who would have known?

Me Smiley Tongue..Been there ..done that 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report