Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

JDvV
Message 1 of 1 (91 Views)

Routed systems: How to choose a different material when creating a piping style?

91 Views, 0 Replies
09-13-2012 12:30 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have created pipe and elbow families with a lot of different materials in the table. The tables look something like this:

pipe/elbow 1/2"-10" with material A ; pipe/elbow 1/2"-10" with material B; etc.

The problem is the following:

When I create a new piping style I don't know how to choose the material. There's an option to choose a material and then press the filter button. But this only shows pipe/elbow families that have this material in them. This does not select the material. Because when I create a pipe run with the selected pipe and elbow it always shows the first material in the family table, material A.

this is a pretty big problem for us. I don't want to create all separate pipe and elbow families for each material. A colleague contacted our software supplier and they told us that the only option is to create separate families.

I hope someone of you has a better solution for this.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.