Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route error in Tube and pipe run

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
imsbl
1090 Views, 7 Replies

Route error in Tube and pipe run

There is a problem in the route, since its color has changed to brown, and i want to locate the issue. Other problems, coming along with this, are while editing the route the tube does not hide even after clicking display routes only option and also any new sketch/line in the route does not produce any pipe segment in this particular route.

Also the pipe segments and fittings in the browser have red update option which never updates and when pointed shows update deferred message and also the segments and pipes does not get deleted. I think it all relates to the route problem but the issue i route is first to be located.

Any suggestions on this issue are welcome.

Thanks
imsb

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: imsbl

Welcome to the forums.

What version of Inventor is this, 2014 or 15?  From this one screen shot there is no way to determine what the problem is.  I can't see any errors on the route in your browser.  Is there any way to post the files here so I can look at how the route was created?  That would tell me what the problem is, and possibly what caused it.

AutoCAD 2013; AuoCAD Electrical 2013; IV 2013 Professional: Tube and Pipe, Frame Generator, Content Center; Vault Professional 2013: Client, ECO

Message 3 of 8
imsbl
in reply to: cbenner

There are two things in this. One is the route name's color changed, see model tree in the browser. Other is the update symbol. What is the reason behind the color changed and update symbol??

Message 4 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: imsbl

@imsbl wrote:

There are two things in this. One is the route name's color changed, see model tree in the browser. Other is the update symbol. What is the reason behind the color changed and update symbol??

Again, I must say that there is no way to tell from a picture.  There could be a number of reasons for what you are seeing.  Without examining the files, I cannot guess at what the problem is.  Too many possibilities.

Message 5 of 8
shawn.payne

I think you might be referring to the route needing to be updated.

Capture.JPG

right click on the route

Capture.JPG

then its updated

Capture.JPG

Message 6 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: shawn.payne

Thanks for sharing that Shawn.  I only hope our OP figured this out last May.  Do you have defer updates checked?  I have never seen a route do this when it needs updating, it usually just does it.  Worst case I go up a level and do "Rebuild All".

Message 7 of 8
shawn.payne

I do not have defer updates checked. For some unknown reason it just started doing this. I was searching for a way to fix it and came across this post. Then I figured it out.

Message 8 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: shawn.payne

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report