Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMB Place Component! Anyone Agree?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
150 Views, 2 Replies

RMB Place Component! Anyone Agree?

Anyone Agree? In inventor 5.3 when u RMB in the viewport of an iam the place
component was right at the top. Unless u copied something which always
bothered me. But no they moved new sketch to the top which is all right for
some people i guess but why change it. I find a lot of the time i hit new
sketch without even noticing it. I just like doing it that way instead of
hitting 'P' but oh well. Why keep everything the same. Then it would be too
easy.

Thanx For Listening To My Whines
Jesse
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I guess we all get our pet peeves with change. Some don't like the inability to reorder in assembly, my personal one is how you have to click on a sketch constraint first then rmb to pick delete. The select button didn't really need to move either. Apparently place component isn't making you happy.... Funny how everyone elses peeves sound trivial to ME while MY peeves sound like earth shattering important issues. Autodesk doesn't have an easy path......

Rich Thomas
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"everyone elses peeves sound trivial to ME while MY peeves sound like earth shattering important issues. Autodesk doesn't have an easy path......"

I think you hit the nail on the head with that statement Rich. A good number of complaints around here don't have to do with "IF" IV can do something but whether "HOW" IV does things and no matter how IV does it there's always someone unhappy with that method be it from a personal preference, past experience (AutoCAD for example), or something to do with what they specifically design.

In any case it's impossible for the IV team to win over everybody.

MechMan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report