Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIP Dennis Jeffrey

50 REPLIES 50
Message 1 of 51
sdotson
3605 Views, 50 Replies

RIP Dennis Jeffrey

I don't frequent these foums much anymore but I had some news I felt needed to be delivered.

The Inventor community lost a great resource and advocate.. Dennis Jeffrey passed away this last weekend.  I had the pleasure of meeting Dennis several times and spoke with him on the phone on numerous occasions. He was a great guy and will be missed.

http://hosting-24267.tributes.com/show/ ... y-91821761

50 REPLIES 50
Message 41 of 51
-Aaron-
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

Josh, very sorry for your loss, my prayers and condolenscences to you and your family.  Dennis was a HUGE resource around here and will be missed.  He has helped me on many occasions.  RIP Dennis...

-Aaron-
Formerly ASI_Aaron
i7-6700k
ASUS Z170-AR
Gigabyte GTX 970
16gb RAM
512gb Samsung 950 Pro
Message 42 of 51
coviepresb1647
in reply to: sdotson

Though Dennis and I were at loggerheads in the beginning, he was such a person that was very helpful and easily forgiving.   I shall miss him.   My condolences to his family. 

Message 43 of 51
bl1droid
in reply to: coviepresb1647

really hate to hear that.. Dennis has helped me more than once over the years..

bl

Message 44 of 51
ToddHarris7556
in reply to: bl1droid

Many others have already posted re: Dennis' boundless giving nature. I will remember him, as a gentleman who - despite his extensive experience - never stopped looking for ways to learn, increase his own knowledge, and freely share his findings with all those around him. His humility - even when dealing with people who didn't fully appreciate his knowledge and efforts - was remarkable. A passionate teacher and mentor to the end. May his passing be an inspiration to a whole new wave of teachers who will continue to make our community, and the world around us, a better place.

Fare thee well, Dennis. RIP.

Todd
Product Design Collection (Inventor Pro, 3DSMax, HSMWorks)
Fusion 360 / Fusion Team
Message 45 of 51
slphantom

I will miss Dennis. He has helped me a lot over the years. Truly a Very smart and Kind person.

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 46 of 51
SteveFrey

I've been out of the loop for a little while now so I have to apologize to Dennis if you are watching.  I studied with Dennis on a one on one basis several years ago after teaching myself Inventor.  Dennis was the best teacher I've ever had in my life.  He was dedicated, educated, and most of all selfless.  Even after our training ended I would frequently call him and he would never charge me (which he prided himself on).  He really had a great understanding of the software and more so, had a gift of being able to understand what you were trying to accomplish no matter what industry you came from. 

Aside from being a great educator he was a heck of a nice guy to talk to on just about anything.  I found that we'd get off on tangents that had almost nothing to do with what the call was about but I always ended up learning something from the conversation.  It's unfortunate now that Inventor has become such a big part of my daily routine once again that I don't have my "go to" guy any more. 

Dennis, for someone who I never met face to face, you will be dearly missed.  RIP.

Steven M. Frey

Student and Admirer

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
Message 47 of 51
Daniel248

I haven't posted anything on this forum since it has moved from NNTP, but been there since 2001, long enough to know what a wonderful person Dennis was.

When I saw your post, I had to stop and pay my respects to the Great Man.

Thank you for letting us know Sean.

Danny

Message 48 of 51
iErdogan

Üşüyoruz Dennis Reis,

Toprağın Bol Olsun....

Allah Rahmet Eylesin....

.:Erdogan I:.
Autodesk inventor 2018,Windows 10 x64,500 ssd harddisk,Intel core i7 Cpu @3.2 GHz,
16 GB Ram, nVidia Quadro 2000 D Graphics (still) Card
Paylaşmak Güzeldir.(in Turkish), Sharing is beautiful.(in English)
Message 49 of 51
jletcher

wow, this is not easy to understand. What a great man he was. He would bend over backwards to help anyone. This man will be missed like no other in the Inventor world. I remeber he joked about my english and my spelling my grammer. He helped in so many ways...

RIP

Jim

Message 50 of 51
jdavis417

Dennis Jeffrey is immortalized by his contributions to CAD Community sites like this and his postive affect on the industry.  He is one of the giants whose shoulders we stand on to reach our daily goals.

Dennis Jeffrey helped me to realize my goal of gainful employment in the daily use of Inventor.

Thank you Dennis!

Message 51 of 51
jdavis417
in reply to: jdavis417

I REMEMBER DENNIS!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report