Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIP Dennis Jeffrey

50 REPLIES 50
Message 1 of 51
sdotson
3602 Views, 50 Replies

RIP Dennis Jeffrey

I don't frequent these foums much anymore but I had some news I felt needed to be delivered.

The Inventor community lost a great resource and advocate.. Dennis Jeffrey passed away this last weekend.  I had the pleasure of meeting Dennis several times and spoke with him on the phone on numerous occasions. He was a great guy and will be missed.

http://hosting-24267.tributes.com/show/ ... y-91821761

50 REPLIES 50
Message 2 of 51
mcgyvr
in reply to: sdotson

WOW ... he will be deeply missed. Man Sad

I would talk to him via email on occasion and really enjoyed his love for everything Inventor. He was a great resource.

Any idea how it happened? He was still pretty young (for an old guy)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 51
stephengibson76

Very sad news...  He has been an insperation on these forums

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 4 of 51
ampster402

sdotson wrote:The Inventor community lost a great resource and advocate..

Ditto that Sean,

RIP Dennis, Thank you for all the help you provided us over the years.

Message 5 of 51

WOW indeed.

Here's to you, Mr. Jeffrey. Thanks for the seemingly limitless extraordinary help you selflessly gave. You will be missed, Sir.

Again, thank you so much for helping me, directly or indirectly, became a better CAD person.

May you rest in peace.

Mauricio

Message 6 of 51
JDMather

Shocking news.

I've worked with him on several projects.

He had a real passion for his work.

A reminder than any day could be our last.

RIP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 51
dragondesign
in reply to: mcgyvr

Very saddend to hear that. He was a great help to people. He will be missed.

Dell T3500 - Intel Xeon W3503, 2.4GHz
12 gb Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
Win 7 Professional 64, Inventor 2013 Ultimate

Dell XPS M1530 Intel Core2Duo 2.4GHz
6 gb Ram, Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
Win 8 Pro 64, Inv 2013 Ultimate
Message 8 of 51
udayag

I am really sad to hear this. Inventor has lost an ardent supporter and Inventor users a great resource. He has helped me finding models for some projects, and just last month I promised him that I would think about contributing to his magazine. May he rest in peace.

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk
Message 9 of 51
cbenner
in reply to: udayag

Wow, is an understatement.  I never formally met him, but I took his class at AU last year, and sought his advice many times via this forum.  His knowledge will be missed by those of us who knew him only in this format.  Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.  RIP Dennis.

Message 10 of 51
Hell-If-I-Know

No way!!!!

I can't wrap my head around this shocker.

Dennis helped me out in so many ways over the years, participated in numerous classes of his, had him do a few presentations,etc.

This discussion group will surely miss his input.

Wow....this will take a while to sink in.

Dennis, thank you so much for everything.

Jim

Message 11 of 51
Ray_Feiler

RIP Smiley Sad

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 12 of 51
LorenJ

I talked to him a few times about collaborating on projects, and it was clear that he wanted to make people's work lives better. Too many companies just want to extract money from people's wallets, and it was refreshing to have someone whose business plan focused on helping people. He made a lot of contributions- frequent posts with solutions, access to tutorials, the FTP site for posting models... This is a significant loss for the Inventor community.  

LorenJ
Message 13 of 51
ravikmb5

My heartfelt condolences to Dennis family.

Autodesk Community  has Lost a Great Resource.

May the departed soul rest in peace.

Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

Message 14 of 51
iDS!

oh man wow...I too am very saddened by the loss of this icon of the early VARs...Dennis was one of the Originals if not THE one?

Had the pleasure of meeting Dennis at AU and spoke with him several times about some side work.

I still remember the 1st time I talked to him...it was a blind call one afternoon on my way home from work...he was frustrated at helping an individual on Autodesk Inventor Forums and was pleased I solved the problem relieving him the pain of dealing with a real irrational user :) ...he started with "Alright Who Is this guy Steve at i...d...i..s..i...or whatever" ...and I was immediately on the defense...then he kindly chuckled and said I appreciate your resolve to the problem on ADSK IV Forums...boy was I surprised...he then proceeded to discuss some possible side work. Real shoot straight guy...said enough in the 1st conversation with him to know his priceless value.

He was an icon in my book...

:!:Dennis Jeffery
Message 15 of 51
brian.kling

Your heartfelt sorrow and great stories/remembrances are a testament to the great person Dennis was and his openness to helping others.  We will all miss his "face" around here!

RIP Dennis...

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 16 of 51
markc-uk
in reply to: iDS!

Totally shocked and saddened by this news. He was an fantastic source of information on this DG and even offered me phone support help with translating some old AMDT files, all for free out of the kindness of his heart.

A great loss. RIP Dennis.

Message 17 of 51
Jillian.Bejtlich

I'm so sorry to hear this. While I never met Mr. Jeffrey in person, I was thankful for his knowledgeable and helpful presence here in the Inventor forums. I know he will be thoroughly missed by countless of Autodesk users, family, and friends.

My condolences to all who knew him! May he rest in peace.

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 18 of 51
blair
in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

I've had many a e-mail back and forth with Dennis, a true gentleman and great person. Someone who was always willing to help others. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, he will be missed.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 19 of 51
bobvdd
in reply to: blair

If there are newsgroups in heaven, I am sure they will run much smoother since July 3 2011.

You will be dearly missed. 

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 20 of 51
Curtis_Waguespack

This is certianly a big loss for everyone in the Inventor community.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report