Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon broken in Inventor 2015

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
yannicknielsen
443 Views, 6 Replies

Ribbon broken in Inventor 2015

Hey there!

The ribbon seems to break sometimes in Inventor 2015. Check the picture - I guess it's a bug

Best regards

Yannick Nielsen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Addition: In my case it seems to happen only to the 3D Model Ribbon

Sheet Metal and the others are perfectly fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 7
mrattray
in reply to: yannicknielsen

Looks like a graphics glitch. When was the last time you updated your drivers?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 7
yannicknielsen
in reply to: mrattray

I updated the nVidia driver to version 320.00, may 27th, 2014

Message 5 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: yannicknielsen

I haven't see that in 2015, but I have seen the same thing happen in earlier releases in some of our older labs.

I used to tell my students to restart Inventor till one of them discovered that clicking here 4 times (slowly) seems to get the Ribbon back to usability.  Happened to me a couple of years ago while taking the timed certification exam.  Sure glad I knew this trick.

Graphics.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
yannicknielsen
in reply to: JDMather

That did, indeed, seem to work here as well.

I haven't seen it happen before, though. Only in the 2015 version.

As I recall (I've seen it three times since we installed 2015), it has happened every time I've double clicked a part in the assembly environment.

It persists until I either restart inventor or do that trick.

The thing is, though. It doesn't happen every time I double click in the assembly. Only sometimes

Message 7 of 7
LT.Rusty
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

Happened to me a couple of years ago while taking the timed certification exam.  Sure glad I knew this trick.

Timed, schmimed.

Based on how long it took me to finish the certification exam, you should have been able to restart Inventor 20 or 30 times and still finish the test with at least 2 hours and 45 minutes to spare.  :lol:

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report