Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Reply
Member
mahadevan
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎11-10-2003
Message 1 of 6 (810 Views)

revolved section or removed section

810 Views, 5 Replies
11-09-2003 07:59 PM
Dear gurus,

Is it possible to create a revolved or a removed section view in inventor IDW. That is whatever being cut in the section plane is to be visible, and not the parts in the background.

Some idea similar to front and back clipping planes.

thanks in advance, email me at mahadevan@vinzagroup.com
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 2 of 6 (810 Views)

Re: revolved section or removed section

11-09-2003 08:40 PM in reply to: mahadevan
Might try a Breakout view.

Make the view active(red broken outline)
Type: s (for sketch) you will then have a sketch on that view.
Sketch a rectangle/whatever encapsulating the geometry (use project geometry
tool to nail it down same as a regular sketch).
Exit sketch.
RMB on view
Pick Create View then pick Breakout.
The dialog will let you select the depth of cut.
~Larry

"mahadevan" wrote in message
news:f19b28a.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Dear gurus,
> Is it possible to create a revolved or a removed section view in inventor
IDW. That is whatever being cut in the section plane is to be visible, and
not the parts in the background.
>
> Some idea similar to front and back clipping planes.
>
> thanks in advance, email me at mahadevan@vinzagroup.com
>
*Calimesa
Message 3 of 6 (810 Views)

Re:

11-09-2003 11:39 PM in reply to: mahadevan
what a shame ! have been using IV8 for few months and dunno about this
feature 'till today. Thanks, Larry

"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
news:5774EE567BC177D87D9466CD7775ECA4@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Might try a Breakout view.
>
> Make the view active(red broken outline)
> Type: s (for sketch) you will then have a sketch on that view.
> Sketch a rectangle/whatever encapsulating the geometry (use project
geometry
> tool to nail it down same as a regular sketch).
> Exit sketch.
> RMB on view
> Pick Create View then pick Breakout.
> The dialog will let you select the depth of cut.
> ~Larry
>
> "mahadevan" wrote in message
> news:f19b28a.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Dear gurus,
> > Is it possible to create a revolved or a removed section view in
inventor
> IDW. That is whatever being cut in the section plane is to be visible, and
> not the parts in the background.
> >
> > Some idea similar to front and back clipping planes.
> >
> > thanks in advance, email me at mahadevan@vinzagroup.com
> >
>
>
*Gwin, Hal
Message 4 of 6 (810 Views)

Re:

11-10-2003 12:39 AM in reply to: mahadevan
You're not alone, some of us have been using IV for several years and
still run across features we've never used.


Calimesa wrote:

> what a shame ! have been using IV8 for few months and dunno about this
> feature 'till today. Thanks, Larry
>

--
Hal Gwin
Mechanical Designer
Xenogen

W2K SP4
Dell Precision 650
Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon
1.5 GB DDR
Quadro4 900 XGL
nVidia 6.14.10.4472 w/registry update
Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD
Member
mahadevan
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎11-10-2003
Message 5 of 6 (810 Views)

Re: revolved section or removed section

11-10-2003 02:55 PM in reply to: mahadevan
Thank you Guru, thank you very much
Distinguished Contributor
yanbiao
Posts: 226
Registered: ‎12-11-2003
Message 6 of 6 (810 Views)

Re:

11-11-2003 12:37 AM in reply to: mahadevan
I have problem when I try to do breakout view in Isometric view. I have no idea about the depth. Most of the case I use through part.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.