Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVOLVED MATTRESS SPRING

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
methoni
764 Views, 7 Replies

REVOLVED MATTRESS SPRING

I have an application  where  i can use a mattress type spring,what i need to do is show this in a circular form ie round,what i was hoping to do was to use

the sheet metal tool-first to sketch out the profile ie as attachment, and then roll/ bend this around an axis,is this feasable or am i going about this the wrong way.

Ideally the spring section should be round, in this application 3 mm dia.

Any suggestions.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pball
in reply to: methoni

For the profile you have shown in your attachment there are easier ways to do it. I started by drawing a single section in one sketch, then drawing a circle perpendicular to the end of that profile. Then I used the sweep command to create spring and a rectangular pattern to add more sections.

I don't quite follow the part about rolling/bending around an axis. If you provide a sketch or example of what you mean then someone should be able to help out. It could mean modifying what I've posted or maybe doing it a different way. The part I attached is from Inventor 2014.

spring.PNG

spring 2.PNG

Message 3 of 8
methoni
in reply to: pball

Thanks for the reply, the actual modeling of the spring and sweeping along the path is reasonably easy ,the problem is revolving or bending this around an axis to form a circular shape.
Perhaps I should just create a sweep path first and then bend around an axis then create a circle to sweep.
Have a look at the attachment,this will show you what I mean.
Regards
Message 4 of 8
JDMather

@methoni wrote:

...roll/ bend this around an axis,is this feasable or am i going about this the wrong way.

Any suggestions.

I would create in finished form to begin with.  Here is a more complex example

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/Inventor%20Tutorials/Inventor%2011%20Tutorial%207.pdf

and

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Circular-Coil/td-p/4792557

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
methoni
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks JD
I will have a go,perhaps I can form a small section of the spring and the create a circular patern and join.
Regards
Message 6 of 8
IgorMir

Hi Methoni,

That should give you some ideas how to approach the task at hand. Please have a look at the attached (IV 2010) file.

Best Regards,

Igor.

@methoni wrote:

I have an application  where  i can use a mattress type spring,what i need to do is show this in a circular form ie round,what i was hoping to do was to use

the sheet metal tool-first to sketch out the profile ie as attachment, and then roll/ bend this around an axis,is this feasable or am i going about this the wrong way.

Ideally the spring section should be round, in this application 3 mm dia.

Any suggestions.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 7 of 8
methoni
in reply to: IgorMir

Thanks IgorMir

Thats exactly what i was looking for.,good stuff.

Regards

Message 8 of 8
IgorMir

You are welcome!

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report