Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revolve between surfaces

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kykymoore
719 Views, 2 Replies

Revolve between surfaces

I am attempting to revolve a sketch between two surfaces in Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012. The problem is that the extrusion is being created on the opposite side of the two surfaces that I want.

For example, I have two flanges on a cylinder. I would like the feature to be created to stretch on the lower side, the larger angle, where the sketch is. Instead, it is creating the feature on the upper side, the smaller angle.

I have adjusted everything I can within the revolve feature options, including unchecking "minimum solution" and switching the starting and terminating faces.

In the attached file I am attempting to revolve "Sketch 7" about the x-axis, between the two flanges closest to the "top." The sketch is centered on where I want the revolved feature to be created.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kattetg
in reply to: kykymoore

Hi,

I see your problem.  There are two solutions for this revolve with these inputs and Inventor is presenting you with one of the solutions.  Unfortunately you cannot use any of the controls to switch to the other solution you want. 

As a workaround, you can create two revolve features to achieve this.  Use "To selected face/plane" and select the first flange face you want to terminate to.  Then, share the sketch and use it to create another revolve feature with the same option as before, but now selecting the face from the other flange.  The two revolve features together should get you what you want to accomplish.  Let me know if this does not help.

Gautham

(Autodesk)

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: kykymoore

Something like this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report