Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revison Block not keeping column formatting

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jdsarick
328 Views, 6 Replies

Revison Block not keeping column formatting

First off, I'm new to Autodesk inventor and working with 2013 version - so excuse my ignorance.  I've been building Sheet formats and trying to incorporate the revision block into a Sheet Format.  I've started by creating a sheet, border, and titleblock.  I've added the revision block to the sheet.  I edit the column widths, create my own column called "Status", place the revision block where I want it (standard upper right corner), and then "Create New Sheet Format".  I then delete that sheet and then create a new sheet from the Sheet format I just created.  When the new sheet opens, I've got all the columns I've created, but all the formatting in the revision block is lost and it is dangling off the right side of my sheet.  Is there a step I am missing to make sure the column formats stay?  Is there a way to change the anchor point on the revision block to be the upper right corner?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: jdsarick
Message 3 of 7
Cadmanto

Welcome to the forum.

What you are showing in your image can first be easily dragged back into the main format by dragging the green pick box.  Next the column widths can be altered when you format the columns.

rev.PNG

Are you using Vault by any chance?  I ask because that can breed a whole new set of issues with the revision block.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 7
jdsarick
in reply to: cbenner

Hello Chris:

I think with your reference to the Styles Manager, I got it.  I was formatting the revision block in the individual sheet I was working on thinking when I saved it as a now "Sheet Format" it would stay to what I formatted it to by dragging the edges with the mouse.  When I found the reference to the revision block editing and saw the column width value entries, I see that I have to type in the values for the widths with the Styles Manager first - then save as a new "Sheet Format".  I then deleted the individual Sheet I created it from and re-open my newly created "Sheet Format" my revision block is where I expected it should be.  So, seems #1 manage column widths with the Styles Manager, slide into place, and save "Sheet Format" and I am good to go....

Thanks for making me look in Styles!... Do I have it correct?

Message 5 of 7
jdsarick
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hello Scott:

Yup, I was grabbing the geen tags and dragging it back to the shape I wanted only to open up the base "Sheet Format" to see it was in the wrong spot and wrong column widths again.  The reference to the Style Manager and literially typing in column widths I think did the trick.  Your pop up menue looked to be specific to one column and I couldn't locate that ... then I double clicked on the individual column and the window you had popped up.  I think I am good to go unless you see and error in my thought process!

My first attempt at Message board help = success!

Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto

Well, I am glad that your first experience here was a good one and successful!!!  Don't be a stranger.

Now that this thread has gone further I see that you are looking for a more across the board solution then a one time deal.

Like Chris suggested, in the styles is the way to go.  I would also suggest creating your own revision block within the styles as aposed to just modifying the existing.

Also, yes the image I posted was indeed from a specific column.

Like I said in my first posting about Vault, if you are using it, I have run into the issue in the past with getting the revision to update being driven from the vault.  If you aren't using Vault, then you have nothing to be concerned about.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 7
cbenner

I'm happy we could help!  Looks like you got the width settings right.  Scott makes a good point, you can create multiple styles of these revision tables for various needs... if you want to.  Maybe walk before you run though, eh?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report