Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Tags

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
794 Views, 4 Replies

Revision Tags

Anyway to change the Offset from the out of the revision tag/box edge to the edge of the text instead of leaving such a large gap I want to make it smaller less obtrusive(smaller) and I ahve tried changing the text size but it doesnt change the offset it changes the text size to smalle but the outline still remains the same size , I cannot find a location to make a new style that also ties to the revision annotation table in the drawing , I have attached a sample for you to look at what I am trying to change.

Using Inventor 2012

Vault 2012

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BLHDrafting
in reply to: Anonymous

I changed my Rev Tag Text Style from 2.5 text to 1.7 text. The Rev Tag triabgle decreased in size with the text but the change is not that distinct.

Changing the Rev Tag shape to square decreased the size of the Tag quite a bit, but this may not be to your company standards.

I don't see anywhere to change the actual dimensions of the Tag shape.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 3 of 5
mslosar
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Bit of a necro-post I know, but it bears re-addressing I think.

Anyhow, using the standard .125" text gets you a triangle about .375" tall. That's fine in a drawing I suppose. However in and around parts lists, it just doesn't cut it. Using the standard parts list the spacing of the lines is around 1/4". If i need to stick a rev symbol inside the parts list or i need a rev 2 on item 4 and rev 4 on item 3 - they have to get way off or overlap to line up with the correct line.

In trying to get a triangle down to 1/4" High I had to set the text height down to around .05" (less than a 1/16" of an inch) and at that size it's totally pointless as you can't really read it. Plus as noted in other posts - the spacing between the number and the triangle seems to be the same. Doesn't seem proportional at all, it seems like it's fixed. Not sure why that aspect would be fixed and inaccessible to the end user for over a decade.

I understand it's easy to create your own symbol, but it's not linked to the revision it's created on like the standard symbols. And being that it's easy to create a symbol, it would see exceedingly easy for Autodesk to open that paramter up to the user and stick an extra field on the Rev tag tab on the revision style so it can be adjusted as one sees fit.

Message 4 of 5
BLHDrafting
in reply to: mslosar

I was about to suggest you add it to the IdeaStation but I see you have already. Cheers.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 5 of 5
mslosar
in reply to: BLHDrafting

My first thought was that after 10+ years it had to be in the ideas list. I search 4-5 times to be sure then added it myself.

I realize that there are number of 'dead ends' as people call them - but I don't know many that stretch back over a decade (at least according to my search on the topic before posting).

Then again it took until 2011 to get 0" to show up in a measurement of 12'-0 1/2" when every other program out there puts the 0 in and always had.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report