Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision tag

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Jefkee
995 Views, 8 Replies

Revision tag

Hi,

I'm looking at a way to reduce the size of the revision tag in inventor, cause its size doesnt fit in our drawings, we have the habit to put as much info **** possible on the sheets but when we get a revision the tag is too big..

Is this possible?

Currently using Inventor2012 & soon will be using 2013

Greetings.

Inventor 2013
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: Jefkee

Not to sure if to many users use the revision tag that comes with Inventor don't really work like it should. I made my own tag and block to fill in.

Message 3 of 9
Jefkee
in reply to: jletcher

& why does it not work like it should?

Inventor 2013
Message 4 of 9
jletcher

Well if I remember when you tag lets say one revision with a 1 or A depending on what you do and then you make another revision and it is a 2 or B the 1st tags you put will also change to a 2 or B and it should not they should stay the revision they were. And in the description part the text wrap don't work right so it can cut off words li

ke this.

So with all the time it takes to make it right was not worth it.

Message 5 of 9
Jefkee
in reply to: jletcher

when i upgrade my revision it keeps previous tags as they should so thats no problem. 🙂

Inventor 2013
Message 6 of 9
jletcher

Oh they fixed it and only took 6 releases.

Message 7 of 9
SBix26

If I recall correctly, the size of the tag is directly proportional to the text size.  It leaves too much white space, in my not-so-humble opinion, so the tags look huge, but they work fine otherwise.  To reduce the size, edit your library/template style and set the text smaller.

Message 8 of 9
Jefkee
in reply to: SBix26

And its not possible to reduce the white space? between the triangle & letter/number?

Inventor 2013
Message 9 of 9
jletcher

Nope again why I don't use them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report