Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision table

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
robert
665 Views, 8 Replies

Revision table

Is there any way you can use the "Application option" "user name" in a revion table column?

The "APP'D" by "Author" is not very helpful considering most changes are done by various people.

If this is not an option could it possibly be added?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jan.miskanin
in reply to: robert

Hi Robert,

thanks for your contribution, I looks like it has to be changed manualy now. I'll forward this to product designer to review it.

Thanks,

Jan

Message 3 of 9

It's aberrant that there is no way of getting the name of the person who does the revision!

I can't see any issue provided in Inventor 2013. When will it be corrected???

Message 4 of 9
robert

I manage 6 Inventor licences all on subscription and Autodesk can't even help me with this basic command. Sad really.
Message 5 of 9
robert

I gather there are no review program's set up for the feedback received at Autodesk ? Over a year now since my post and the release of the next version due anytime now I wonder if my simple request fell on deaf ears ?
Message 6 of 9
Cadmanto

Robert,

Another way you can have your voice heard is to post this in the Inventor IdeaStation

This way if you explain it thoroughly and concise.  It will get heard and the more support it gets from other users the better chance it has to get implemented.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 9
robert

Thank you Cadmanto.
Message 8 of 9
Cadmanto

No problem.

If you do post an idea, please post a link here so we can review it and vote for it.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 9 of 9
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi robert,

Would you be open to the idea of an iLogic workaround? If so you can write the User Name to the Approved By property using this line:

iProperties.Value("Status", "Eng. Approved By" ) = ThisApplication.GeneralOptions.UserName

I would set this up as an external rule, and probably set it to run when the file is saved, using and event trigger. Here are a couple of links that might help if you've not used iLogic before:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2012/01/creating-basic-ilogic-rule-with-event.html

http://autodeskmfg.typepad.com/blog/2012/01/working-with-external-ilogic-rules.html

Of course this is just a workaround, I'd still take Cadmanto's advice and submit the request to the IdeaStation.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report