Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision table format Question

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jweiss1313
305 Views, 9 Replies

Revision table format Question

I there any way that I can add the revision table to my drawing template and have it appear when a new drawing is created. I currently have a revision table in my drawing template. When I select "new" and start a new drawing the revision table does not appear. I also have to change the revision table format everytime. Can I save a revision table format to meet my company standards? or should I tell all my users that they must add and format the revision table the first time they open the drawing template to create a new drawing?
John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
hofmansp
in reply to: jweiss1313

I'm afraid not. I don't know if this is a bug or has just been overlooked....FOREVER.

We have been opening our idw template file and then doing a save as. Then open the saved as idw & the revision table stays.

According to our reseller, this is something that he has been requesting AutoDesk to fix since Rev. 5.

AUTODESK, PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

I have a Addin that makes this method a little more automatic. Look for KWiKFile in the Addins section http://www.kwikmcad.com/ -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "hofmansp" wrote in message news:17935188.1074613357527.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I'm afraid not. I don't know if this is a bug or has just been overlooked....FOREVER. > > We have been opening our idw template file and then doing a save as. Then open the saved as idw & the revision table stays. >
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Guess I do it backwards ... I start out with Rev 1 and sequentially number consecutive revisions until I'm done. That leaves 0 for my current revision at the end. All I do is rename the Rev # of the final release version to 0 so I always know which was the final release; it's always 0 ... okay, so it's probably a mentally challenged method I guess, but, tiz da way tiz. Charles' iAssembly tool allows you to add a prefix and/or suffix which might be somewhat helpful in Cloning a new revision though for doing it the other way. ~Larry "hofmansp" wrote in message news:17935188.1074613357527.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... I'm afraid not. I don't know if this is a bug or has just been overlooked....FOREVER. We have been opening our idw template file and then doing a save as. Then open the saved as idw & the revision table stays. According to our reseller, this is something that he has been requesting AutoDesk to fix since Rev. 5. AUTODESK, PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Oh ... is that what that Add-in does. Cool! That's the one that didn't have a description, wasn't it? ~Larry "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:400d53dc$1_1@newsprd01... I have a Addin that makes this method a little more automatic. Look for KWiKFile in the Addins section http://www.kwikmcad.com/ -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "hofmansp" wrote in message news:17935188.1074613357527.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I'm afraid not. I don't know if this is a bug or has just been overlooked....FOREVER. > > We have been opening our idw template file and then doing a save as. Then open the saved as idw & the revision table stays. >
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

It isn't really automatic, it just forces you to do it. When you open the template the next thing that happens is the savecopyas dialog comes up. Once you name it and save it, the addin closes the template and opens the saved file. It has a description, but no pretty picture -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message news:400d5c8f$1_2@newsprd01... Oh ... is that what that Add-in does. Cool! That's the one that didn't have a description, wasn't it? ~Larry
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Is he not talking about how the rev. table columns are not formattable? I too, will be glad when they fix this. "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:400d53dc$1_1@newsprd01... > I have a Addin that makes this method a little more automatic. > > Look for KWiKFile in the Addins section http://www.kwikmcad.com/ > > -- > Kent > Assistant Moderator > Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program > > > "hofmansp" wrote in message > news:17935188.1074613357527.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > I'm afraid not. I don't know if this is a bug or has just been overlooked....FOREVER. > > > > We have been opening our idw template file and then doing a save as. Then open the saved > as idw & the revision table stays. > > > >
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

You need to open the template and then save as and then open the saved as IDW. There is a program that will do it on Kent Keller's web site but I don't remember the address. If you search on the NG you will probably find it. Kathy Johnson
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks Kathy It is called KWiKFile and you can find it in the Icode section of my site http://www.kwikmcad.com/icode/icode.asp -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "KJohnson" wrote in message news:401e4acc$1_2@newsprd01... > You need to open the template and then save as and then open the saved as > IDW. There is a program that will do it on Kent Keller's web site but I > don't remember the address. If you search on the NG you will probably find > it. > > Kathy Johnson > >
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks for replying I did not have your new web address bookmarked. A slap on the wrist for me and easily rectified. Kathy Johnson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report