Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision table description justification

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
johnny01
848 Views, 10 Replies

Revision table description justification

is there a way to set the justification to left in the revision table justification? I've tried playing with the formats and I can't get it to do anything but be centred.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: johnny01

You need to edit the annotation style BEFORE you use it - 2010.

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
AIP 2008 SP3, AIP 2009-SP2, IV2010 ProPcCillin AV
AMD 64 x2 3.0 Ghz, 8GB RAM GeForce 9800GT 512MB
XP Pro SP3, XP Pro64 SP2, Windows XP Silver Theme
http://teknigroup.com
Message 3 of 11
johnny01

I tried that and still didn't work. Could it be a problem in my template file since I have already created a revision table? Do I need to start a new template file with no revision table?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Yes. What version of IV?

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
AIP 2008 SP3, AIP 2009-SP2, IV2010 ProPcCillin AV
AMD 64 x2 3.0 Ghz, 8GB RAM GeForce 9800GT 512MB
XP Pro SP3, XP Pro64 SP2, Windows XP Silver Theme
http://teknigroup.com
Message 5 of 11
johnny01

Message 6 of 11
dan_inv09

If you select the table, can't you just select the style in the pulldown? Try switch to a different style then back if just clicking the current style doesn't update it. (I don't have any drawings yet in my current project so I'm not checking if this works.)
Message 7 of 11
johnny01

I tried that and it didn't update.
Message 8 of 11
dan_inv09

Place a new one with the new style then copy and paste the entries. That's all you can do. Everything else works that way but not the rev table, I remember now.
Message 9 of 11
msklein

When opening the format how are you doing it? To make achange you need to go to the format dir and open from there. That could be part of your problem. Rather than the open format pulldown.
msk
Message 10 of 11
elmotors

I am using IV2013.  I am attempting to insert a revision table in some drawings created around 2005 or before.  I find that the Description column in the revisiion table is centered justified both in the Heading and in the Comments.  I want the comments to be left justified.  So I go to Edit Revision Table Style and right click on the Description column and set the Value to right justified.  Save.  The value is still center justified.  I used to be able to do this in prior releases.  What is wrong?

Message 11 of 11
EScales
in reply to: elmotors

In Inventor 2013, you can edit the Revision Table, select the column heading "Description" to highlight the column and right-click to Format Column.  You can control the justification for the heading and value separately.

Rev_Table.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report