Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Block Alpha & Numeric

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
meck
1235 Views, 2 Replies

Revision Block Alpha & Numeric

When a revision is created we bump up the revision using a letter. If there are multiple changes done to the drawing during that revision we will use a number to indicate that. For instance; if I have 3 changes to the drawing for Rev C they will be tagged as C1, C2, C3. However the drawing Rev in the title block should only display C.

Is there a way to make the revision block do this? Right now we place in the DESCRIPTION a note like 1. Added Dim in zone E10.  2.Text was "Flat" in zone H3. But this for goes the ZONE column that comes with the revision block and makes it difficult to edit because you cannot see the entire description while editing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LT.Rusty
in reply to: meck

That's how I do it too.

I manually enter the numbers, and every time I add a new line I make sure to do the "add revision row" button, not the "add row" one.  That way my revision tags always show up as C1, C2, etc.

I've also edited the table columns manually created a sketch block to contain some other columns.  In the picture below, the CHANGE and DESCRIPTION columns are the only ones that are part of the rev table, and DATE, REV BY and APPROVED are in the sketch block, and pull their data from some custom iProperties that are in my templates.  Each time I insert the sketch block, I do have to edit the definition so that it's the right height - the height of the part that matches up to the change rows is set to equal .19025 * x, where x is the number of rows in the rev table.  It's annoying, but it looks the way my boss wants and it's less annoying than the way that one of my co-workers does it ...

REV TABLE.JPG

Rusty

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
meck
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Thanks for the response. I'm surprised this hasn't been put on a wish list already.

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report