Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revert edits in parts list to bom values

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
je10020
2147 Views, 4 Replies

revert edits in parts list to bom values

Hello,

I have an idw that contains a parts list in which some of the information has been edited.  The edited text is shown in blue.  I would like to revert these fields to the values that exist in the BOM and in iproperties.  How do I do this? 

Thanks

Jim

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: je10020

It only goes one way.  Blue means you have created a "static" value.  It's an override to the BOM or Iproperties.  The correct way is to edit the BOM or Iprops, and have THOSE values populate the parts lists.

Message 3 of 5
je10020
in reply to: cbenner

ok, so if it is done the wrong way, can the old parts list be deleted entirely and a new parts list, based on the BOM be recreated?

Message 4 of 5
cbenner

Yes, you can delete the parts list form a drawing and put a new one on... but you may not need to.  Make the changes to your BOM.  Then go back to your drawing and edit the parts list.  On those fields where you have static values (blue), right click in the field and uncheck the "static value" at the bottom of the menu.  This will revert the field to whatever the BOM value for it is set to.

If you find you do need to delete a parts list, keep in mind you will need to replace all part balloons as well.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr

@je10020 wrote:

ok, so if it is done the wrong way, can the old parts list be deleted entirely and a new parts list, based on the BOM be recreated?

Just delete it. Fix your BOM and place a new parts list..

OR .. just fix the bom, then right click on each blue box in the parts list and uncheck the static checkmark.. No need to delete the parts list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report