Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversing Weld Assembly??

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Cadmanto
1960 Views, 2 Replies

Reversing Weld Assembly??

I have an assembly that I thought in the beginning of its creation I thought I would be able to add welds to it.

I wasn't successful which is not the issue, but rather since I have NO welds on this, and this assembly shows as a weld model, is there a way to reverse this?  I need to add an assembly cut to this model and it is not allowing me due to this.

Thanks

Scott

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Cadmanto, 

For some reason Autodesk has not provided a way to revert back to an regular assembly once it has been converted to a weldment. There are 2 workarounds that I've used in the past:

1) Leave it as weldment assembly and just use the Preperations or the Machining tools to add the assembly features, and just don't add weld information.

2) Place the weldment in a new assembly, and promote all of the components up to the top level and then delete the weldment assembly. Then simply save the new assembly as the correct part number.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 3

Thanks Curtis,

I think Autodesk should seriously take a look at this and make a way to reverse this.

I went for option #1.  That worked fine.  Thanks for jogging my memory.  I forgot about that little tool.  Smiley Happy

Option #2 I would think would give me grief when it comes to vault and the duplicate file name thing.

I know it would be a new file, but my expierence to this point would tell me that vault would detect a difference

and throw this message back to me not allowing the checking in of the file.

Thanks again

Scott

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report