Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversing sequence in Inventor Presentation

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1226 Views, 1 Reply

Reversing sequence in Inventor Presentation

I have a large assembly in Inventor Pro 2012 where I'm trying to show the installation process in Presentation. Since the sequences behave as opposite to an explosion, all the parts return to their original location after a tweak. However if I am trying to show a jig that helps in the installation process that I want to show being removed, how can I do that. In the assembly, the jig is constrained to the the part being installed, which makes it very difficult to show it being removed since the move happens first then it mates to the part during an animation. Any way to reverse the animation sequence?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi nnmithani,

What will be your final deliverable for this assembly installation animation? If it's going to be a video, you can use the Animate tool, to play and record the Explosion in reverse. You can then edit the individual recordings together using MS MovieMaker (which is included on most Windows installs).

But if your intent is to use a DWF file to deliver the assembly instructions, I don't think you can do this in the Sequence.

I suppose you could set up a Positional Representation in the assembly that shows the part "exploded" by using constraint offsets, and then use the IPN tools to put the parts back together (rather than taking them apart).

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report