Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reusing Frame Generator Assemblies

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ben_neb43
1881 Views, 5 Replies

Reusing Frame Generator Assemblies

Hi, I'm wondering what is the best way to reuse a "frame generator" assembly within the same project workspace?

Current Method:

I commonly use frame generator to create structural assemblies. Sometimes I need several assemblies with only slight changes. Currently I just copy the frame members folder, assembly and skeleton and rename them, but the frame member parts are still doubled up.

Question:

Is there an easier way to copy frame generator assemblies as a whole new assembly?

Cheers,

Ben

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: ben_neb43

If you ore on Vault you could copy design. If not possible use Design Assistant you copy the IAM and all related IPT files. Currently no way to reuse FG members with the existing FG.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
PaulMunford
in reply to: ben_neb43

I agree with Blair. Vault is your friend here.
For more information on copying assemblies, check out this post:
http://www.cadsetterout.com/inventor-tutorials/the-secrets-of-copying-assembly-files/

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 4 of 6
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: PaulMunford

I like to use "ilogic design copy" in the Tools ribbon.
Dan
Message 5 of 6
klemen_zivkovic
in reply to: blair

The possibility to reuse frame would make Inventor so much usefull - now one must go through all procedure of defining frames.

Also component copy makes frame skeleton loose reference to sketch of part?? How is this possible? This is just ordinary copy???

Why is this so hard to acomplish (to keep reference to newly copied sketch in part) ???

Is it possible to install Vault after I instaled inventor 2015?

Should I start installation of vault from web?

I was not able to install vault with modification of inventor from windows add/remove programs...

Has anybody any suggestions how to reuse frame assemblies??

Message 6 of 6
ler3
in reply to: klemen_zivkovic

I agree.  Anyone who uses frame generator regularly I am sure has had the same wish.  I am looking for the same answer.  Seems developer could easily create a copy command that adds a digit during pack and go to create unique filenames, similar to how the step conversion automatically adds a prefix or suffix to all files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums