Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse the Flash Drive Media

67 REPLIES 67
SOLVED
Message 1 of 68
sbrusco
44529 Views, 67 Replies

Reuse the Flash Drive Media

Hi All,

I generally keep the media for the previous release when the new release comes, and destroy the media for the release two releases old. I now find it hard to destrop the flash drives PDS and BDS come on, just because i would like to reuse them. I understand they are write protected and for good reason but it would break my heart if i had to take a hammer to them just to protect my company's EULA with Autodesk.

Is there any way to remove the write protection so i can make use of this otherwise useful tool?

TIA

Sal

67 REPLIES 67
Message 21 of 68
sbrusco
in reply to: blair

I know about OCD. I have CDO, which is very similar except that the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

Message 22 of 68
danielw88
in reply to: sbrusco

I've been saving these memory sticks since 2012 in the hopes that i will one day get around to wiping them for other use. 

Message 23 of 68
sbrusco
in reply to: -niels-

Hi -niels-

Thanks for the link. It led me to this link which i used to format the autodesk flash drives.

http://irevit.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/what-revit-wants-repurposing-autodesk.html

HTH everyone.

Sal

Message 24 of 68
ampster401

I wonder if the write protection is to help protect their IP?

Let's say we did have the ability to write to those USB pens...someone copies off the installation files and modifies them with ill-intent and then reloads or copies it back onto the USB pen.

Sure, they may not want us to reuse them (why I wouldn't know) but I bet the main reason is to protect Adesk.
Message 25 of 68
dgorsman
in reply to: ampster401

That was my thinking.  Even simpler, somebody gibbles the content then sells it - the purchaser will now complain loudly that AutoDesk products are garbage.  Given how quickly a bad experience can blow up, regardless of whether AutoDesk is at fault or not, even a minor roadblock is a good idea.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 26 of 68
TravisNave

Has anybody been successful with the USB 3.0 media from the 2015 and newer keys? 

Thanks.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 27 of 68
JamesLovell
in reply to: TravisNave

I managed to do a 2015 key last year but I'm unable to do it on the 2016 Key i have.

Regards,

James Lovell
Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz,QUADRO RTX 4000, 1TB CORSAIR MP600 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe
Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
Message 28 of 68
TravisNave
in reply to: JamesLovell

Did you use anything different or just the same software that always
worked? Just wondering if there is a new trick to some of these newer keys.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 29 of 68
JamesLovell

I think i used Phison MPALL v3.63.00 but i cant find any other useful info.... it was a 32GB APDS stick

Maybe i used the attached .ini file.... not 100% though, was dated as modified 24/04/2015 on my computer.

Regards,

James Lovell
Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz,QUADRO RTX 4000, 1TB CORSAIR MP600 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe
Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
Message 30 of 68

Aloha all,

I just received my building design suite premium USB key and went through the process of formatting it a few minutes ago.

Off the top of my head, while the MPALL programs run in Windows 10, they don't actually "work" (at least they didn't for me, Win 10 Pro x64 here). Using a Windows 7 laptop, running MPALL_F1_0702_v363_00.exe did NOT work with my new key, however using a newer version (MPALL_F1_7F00_DL07_v503_0A.exe) DID work, and I manually went through and adjusted the settings to disable the R/W Protection (it's fairly easy).

The USB key IC type was "PS2251-03".

Hope this helps anyone else looking to repurpose the included USB drive.

EDIT: I had a Toshiba based USB drive.

Message 31 of 68
TravisNave
in reply to: da-rickmeister

@da-rickmeister,

Which release year of the Building Design Suite did you format? 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 32 of 68
da-rickmeister

And how do I change the name from "support" to something else?

Message 33 of 68
TravisNave
in reply to: da-rickmeister

You might be able to change your name under your Accounts.

Also, would you be so kind as to upload your .ini file that you used to
format your 2017 key?

Thanks.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 34 of 68

is there any detailed instruction for repurposing IDSU 2015?

the one in irevit.com is quite confusing.

all i could do is reformat the flash drive using formatter, then after i unplug and replug it in my pc, it becomes write-protected again

Message 35 of 68

i tried every method in the blog post at whatrevitwants.blogspot.com, even those at the comments section, but to no avail.

all mpall versions couldn't detect my 32gb bdsp 2015.

here is a screenshot of some info about the drive

Capture.JPG

any info on how i can repurpose this drive would be really appreciated.

Message 36 of 68

Hi guys, I had the same issue with my autodesk 2015 usb3.0 drive. Got it to work with this burner and firmware. Hope it help! https://www.pentestingshop.com/recover-a-usb-stick/

Message 37 of 68

hayır olmadı .sizin bilginiz varsa yardım edermisiniz.

Message 38 of 68

Reglos.regine, I had the same problem, the USB was not detected when I plugged into a USB3.0 port but detected on a USB2.0 port.
I do not remember exactly how I did it, but try to plug it into a USB 2.0 port, and then (if the key is detected) plug it into a USB3.0 port just before starting the process.
It worked that way for me

The Whatrevitwants blog has been removed and I have one more key left to unlock, does anyone know where to find the procedure?

Message 39 of 68
astaberry

sir / madam, 

i have autodesk usb drive fully loaded of autodesk software and provided by autodesk company, now i want to format it for general purpose pen drive , but it shows write protected, please help me.

regards

ranjan

astaberry@gmail.com

Message 40 of 68
karthur1
in reply to: astaberry

It does appear that the page with the instructions has been taken down for some reason. Luckily, I had have a hard copy of those instructions.

See attached.

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums